AutoDesSys

.fml double click error

Exocubic

I'm on a Retina 5k iMac. I just registered this morning. When using the "Get Info" command on the .fml files, the OS is reporting that formZ.app (formZ 8.0) is the default. On a semi-related note, I can't get OS X to register the 8.5 beta as the default for opening .fmz files, either. I set it in the "Get Info" window, and it won't stick.

Hi Exocubic,

The file associations should be set automatically, but if you are not able to set that manually, then there is something that is wrong with the system that is preventing both you and us from registering those properly.  (The file associations should be automatically registered when you register the software.)  

When you try to relink them, you Get Info, click the Opens With, choose Other, and browse to the actual application (not an alias or shortcut), and then click Change All, right?  Alternately, you can right click on the file, hold down the Option key, choose Always Opens With -- and browse to the formZ Layout.app.  If you have tried both of those, and neither are working, then this would be an issue for Apple...

Glad you are liking the improvements.  For the Line Quality, are you using the Vector Output option?  If so, and that is not giving the desired results, please send a portion of the file so we can investigate and improve this.  ;)

Your alternate method outlined above (R-click, Option key, choose Always Opens With) worked. Doing it via the Get Info window doesn't - after clicking "Change All..." and clicking "continue" in the popup dialog, the dropdown menu reverts to the original dropdown selection - in this case, formZ 8.0.

Vector Output helps a lot - but i'd like the option to scale the PDF upon export (like I can in Solidworks) to 150 or even 300dpi.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I was able to get the .fml files to register properly, but setting formZ 8.5 as the default, no matter how I try it, does not stick. This is on Yosemite 10.10.3

Archived