AutoDesSys

Background Image Requests

pylon

Hello Support,

For our work, it would be very helpful to have

1. Background image in Wireframe mode

2. Solid color option for the background associated with each interactive display mode (Wireframe, Shaded Work, Shaded Full)

3. Bonus - Two color linear gradient with falloff parameter for each interactive display mode.

Thanks for considering these. The first two are the most important.

Z,

Well, instead of having color or an image, the window would allow whatever was behind it to show through. A short cut to save the time of capturing the desktop, saving it and loading it as a background image in the modeling window. I would add that this “transparent window” could auto adjust to the size of the image.

I realize this involves some system involvement, but I’m thinking blue sky here.

Thanks for reading.

Joe

I felt restrained from saying much the same thing, but thanks Joe for your suggestion… I have tried to use billboard in past with no luck for external mages in formZ quick render, and the updated Underlay is better, but this tooling still a struggles for several reasons. Plyon's request for an image in Wireframe does not mentiion Underlay use, which might allow me to agree and expand on usefulness and importance of expanded capabilities with external image uses in modeling windows, generally. 

Yes could this image simply be video capture of the desktop underneath, or more simply, perhaps, a transparent window background, to reveal the window underneath formZ window, (let user close all underlying formZ windows first). Then the next window underneath would be seen in the formZ project window and could be used as a tracing source, so to speak. Tools and palettes could be seen or hidden as usual.  As to scaling sizes to match: I think Z does scaling superbly as is. 

Personally, i envision a future where the first clever software ap provides these added values. The next window beneath can develop as a live video work scene or a physical work shop scene. Thus design-build takes the next step forward, in advancing construction processes.  Having a multi-view link to cameras placed in corresponding views could come eventually, but just one window for now would be the first step.

Computer Aided Inspection somewhat seems to do this  on a limited basis, but live views should be more useful in everyday construction of all kinds. Lack of this might be due to over specialization within society. Yet multiple disciplines can also be encouraged and supported by such a simple implimentation. Let the design-build worlds grow together, no?

Archived