AutoDesSys

form•Z 8.5 Beta 2 now available for Pro and SE

Tech

We are pleased to announce that the first update to the formZ 8.5 Beta version is now available.  This is now available for both Professional and Student Editions.

This update includes corrections and enhancements to issues that were reported.  Of note, there is an Augment Exporter that is available from the Extensions Menu, new Custom Units for the Dimension Styles, and a new Parametric Mapping tool (from the Specialties tool row).

Please see the additional details and updated documentation here:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/formz8_Beta_Pro_Update_App_Only.html

Just Download the appropriate version for your computer and Copy it into your existing formZ 8 folder (along side your formZ 8.0.2 Application folder).  Then use your formZ 8 registration code to register it.

Please contact us at support@formz.com with any feedback or issues.

Enjoy!

most of all I like the new icons in formZ Layout.

reduced, clear and easy to learn

I wish to have them in formZ soon

the right step to a clean+ modern design

vva

Hi Vva,

Great, glad you like it!

Hi Hugo,

If you are using the Default Workspace, it should appear directly in the Specialties tool row:

post-5-0-02128000-1432298713_thumb.jpg

If you are using a Custom Workspace, you can add it as Vva indicates...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now getting an error each time I try to open the program where it tells me that it can't load the preferences file. It has me locate a file, and then crashes. I've tried redownloading the program and installing it fresh, but the problem persists. Help?

v8.0.2 still works fine.

iMac on Yosemite 10.10.3

Latest beta for v8.5 Pro

Hey Evan,

You can fix you preferences by Quitting formZ, going to the Finder: Go Menu, hold down Option, choose Library: Preferences: autodessys -- and rename the formZ 8.x folder(s)

Support said there should be a new beta later this week too...

Hi Evan,

In addition to Rob's suggestions, if you just click Cancel for locating the Preference File, that should also launch properly.  Then go to Preferences and designate a proper Preference File (or save a new one).

Yes, an updated Beta is coming soon!

Archived