AutoDesSys

Layer highlight

AsOne

When I select an object is there a way for the layer and material to be highlighted in the respective palettes?  Once I have a large amount of layers and materials it is hard to remember where I put the layer & material.  Of course I can find it, but after not working on a job for a few weeks I forget.  It takes a while sometimes to scan the list.  If they were highlighted when selected that would be a very useful feature.

Hi Paul,

As Rob suggests, most of the List Palettes (like Objects, Layers, Lights...) have an option to Highlight Picked.  You can also right click on any Material and choose Assign Picked Objects This Material if you like...

On this note, would it be possible to bring up the object info dialog by double clicking on an object in the modeling window, as well as in the objects palette regardless of its current visibility?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

If an object is not visible you can't double click on it in the screen, but if you double click on it in the Objects Palette, it will bring up the Attributes regardless of its visibility...

After looking into this, if an object is on a hidden or ghosted layer double clicking in the object palette does nothing.

Right clicking info option is grayed out.

So, I'll rephrase the question, would it be possible to bring up the object info dialog by double clicking on an object in the modeling

window when visible, and in the objects palette regardless of its current visibility or it's layers visibility?

BTW, I would never attempt to click a hidden object (if I could find it) as this may cause a rift in the space/time continuum.  :lol:

But double clicking should bring up the info dialog IMHO. (but I can right click and use the menu)

Thanks,

Joe

+1 on double-click to ghosted or non visible objects/groups in the Object Palette to bring up attributes.  Empty groups should also be able to be double-clicked to be able to name them quickly.

would it be possible to bring up the object info dialog by double clicking on an object [...] in the objects palette regardless of its [...] layers visibility?

+1, long time request

Regarding the Original request by Member ASONE;  

is there a way to have this turned on as a default?   in 6.x   that option saved with my preferences.   in 8.5  it does not.  I have to set it for each project.

Cheers!

When you have chosen "Highlight Picked" in the Objects Palette, it would be good if the following occurred:

1. when an object is in a group, and the group is expanded, the object is highlighted (this is current behavior)

2. when an object is in a group, and the group is collapsed, the group name is highlighted (this is not current behavior)

#2 above is how Layers behave. Yes, when a selected object is in a collapsed group there is a check mark for the group but I would argue for more clarity and visual clues than less— the user has explicitly asked for highlighting— not conditional highlighting.

Thanks,

Gary

Would be cool too, if there were an option to expand the group which an object resides if the object is selected.  If the group was expanded by such an action, then the group should also collapse when the object is un-selected.   If the Group were already expanded, it should stay that way.

Archived