AutoDesSys

Volume Scatter with Gravity?

gordonjay

The volume scatter tool is great, however the way objects are scattered are not the way it would look in the real world (unless you are in zero gravity).  Is there any way you could add gravity to the calculation so objects would settle down?  I design store displays and often  need to populate a dump bin with product, but the volume scatter tool does not create a realistic scattering.  

I know lightwave has the ability to do this, and have gotten mixed results trying to get the scattered look exported into formZ.

Gordon

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please...

Or to put it another way...  +1

Doing something like a pile of rubble has gotten much easier now with Volume Scatter and the Paint Objs extension, but adding a Gravitational effect (even if it was only a "simple" Z axis gravity would make this awesome. I've worked with Lightwaves Advanced Placement plug-ins which do exactly this, and it is amazing what can be done . Paint objs is 90% of the way there. Gravity would take it all the way.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Archived