AutoDesSys

V8.5 Pro Beta - Sketchup Import Wont Work

Guest seasdes

Guest seasdes

I have the latest version of V8.5 Pro Beta installed. I tried to import a Sketchup 2015 file and most of the contents are not imported. Not happy.

Attached is a copy of the Sketchup file and images showing what should be displayed and what FZ displays.

The same problem happens in V8.02. The Sketchup file has had all of its groupa and components exploded and contains only lines.

Walter,

You are never happy, are you.  Did you try saving as an older version of SKP?  Or exporting a different format?  Or exploding the components or groups?  Or posting the actual SKP file so someone can try to help you?

Of course you shouldn't have to ever work around any issues, but those things might be more productive than just saying you have a problem...

Guest seasdes

Walter,

You are never happy, are you.  Did you try saving as an older version of SKP?  Or exporting a different format?  Or exploding the components or groups?  Or posting the actual SKP file so someone can try to help you?

Of course you shouldn't have to ever work around any issues, but those things might be more productive than just saying you have a problem...

Rob. Where do you get the idea that I am never happy. Am I supposed to be happy when something does not work.

For your information, when I pay a lot of hard earned money (not paid for by larger companies) I expect that features included with the software would work. Otherwise, do not include that feature.

Its one thing for a feature not to work, but when a lot of time is wasted trying to get it to work then that costs money.

I am not allowed to upload the skp file to this forum. Why

Guest seasdes

Walter,

Rob. Where do you get the idea that I am never happy. Am I supposed to be happy when something does not work.

For your information, when I pay a lot of hard earned money (not paid for by larger companies) I expect that features included with the software would work. Otherwise, do not include that feature.

Its one thing for a feature not to work, but when a lot of time is wasted trying to get it to work then that costs money.

I am not allowed to upload the skp file to this forum. Why.

Guest seasdes

Walter,

I tried to upload the skp file with the original post. However, I am not allowed to upload the skp file to this forum. Why.

Guest seasdes

Walter,

I tried to upload the skp file with the original post. However, I am not allowed to upload the skp file to this forum. Why.

Guest seasdes

Walter,

seades,

Just imported 4 .skp files into .fmz without a problem.

Post the .skp file as suggested by Des. so we can see what happens on our end.

Your file looks like 2D surface object & issues are with text & drafting elements. How do you do importing a 3D object.

Also, 8.5 is in beta, it is expected to have unknown issues... fmz may just not be able to bring in these type of elements.

Dear Walter,

Yes, as Dennis and Robert have noted, the SKP Import is working fine in general.  If you have a case where something is not working properly, please email or post the file.  If you wish to upload a JPG file to the forum, you can do so directly.  Any other file should be ZIPped first.

Guest seasdes

Well there looks as if there is a problem with the host going by the error messages that I am getting. Anyway for those interested attached inside of the zip file are screen clips showing what is displayed inside of the original Sketchup file and what is displayed after that file is imported into FZ 8.02 & 8.5 beta. Also attached are the Sketchup and FZ files. As you can see this file is very simple.

Please note that I know that FZ cannot import text. So the text in the Sketchup file has been exploded to lines.

Also I have imported the Sketchup file into Turbocad and it displays ok.

Hi Walter,

We received an email from you with only the two PDF files that you linked above.  We responded to your email awhile ago, but have not heard back from you.  Please email the file if you still need help.

Guest seasdes

Tech

I sent you an email with 5 attachments. 2 x pdf, 1 x zip, 1 x fmz and 1xskp.

I assume from the email that you sent to me that you received them

Walter

Archived