AutoDesSys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMclean

Maxwell Plug-in almost working with 8.5 Beta

I was thrilled as I was testing the new Beta of 8.5 and it looked like the Maxwell plug-in was working perfectly, with 8.5 but upon further examination I now find that while lights are exported fine, emitter materials aren't showing up in multi-light. Tried going through studio and discovered that the textures were being exported, but just with a BDSF layer, the emitter layer having disappeared somewhere along the way.

Standard Sunlight and Skydome working fine. Haven't had time to check the spotlight.

Looking forward to the next release...

Doug

OOPS.... Looks like I don't have to wait for the next release of the plug-in... Realized that the first time I started 8.5 I had not yet installed the Maxwell Plug-in, so when 8.5 opened the file it set the materials to standard Shaded Materials and then saved them that way.  When I installed the plug-in it of course read the materials as Translate shaded which is what it should do by default. Restoring them to Referenced MXM and choosing the correct textures restored things to where they should be. Got so used to Maxwell being part of my workflow that I forgot it isn't automatically a part of formZ, it just feels like it is.

Thanks,

Doug

I deleted this post because it was just a duplicate of my previous...

Doug

Edited by DMclean