AutoDesSys

8.5 View menu

FZnoob

Hi FZnoob,

That's strange, that should not have changed.  If you go to the Help Menu: About formZ, is this the 9519 or the 9521 build number?  If it is the former, if you download the Beta again and test with the new version, does that fix it for you?

That's strange.  If you Quit formZ and Delete the formZ 8.5 folder from your HOME: Library: Preferences: autodessys folder, does that help?

If not, delete the formZ 8.5 Beta folder and download it once more.  Does that fix it for you?

I will try your suggestions later today when I get time.

BTW: The subd tool crashes as back. Apparently my celebration was short lived.

When I first updated to Yosemite a couple days ago it seemed much more stable, and I was cautiously optimistic.

However yesterday, after installing 8.5, the issues returned. This is beyond frustrating.

I am really trying to give this program a fair shake. There ARE things I do like about it.

To be completey honest, I have had more issues with FZ during the past couple of years than I

have with any of the other softwares I use on a day to day basis. That is not a  knock on FZ. It is just a fact.

FZnoob,

Yes, you were able to report 1 SubD issue -- and that was not related to the operating system.  That issue should be fixed with the next update.

If you are able to repeat your steps and repeat the problem, please send the file and the steps so we can make sure this is corrected.

I am not talking about the bridge tool issue. I am talking about crashes when using the modeling tools. I have sent you numerous crash reports, and exchanged emails with Paul.

The only suggestions I got were the standard "reset the preferences". Which I tried (on more than 1 ocassion). This did not solve the problem.

As I said, I thought that the OS update had cured it, but that was not the case.

I just reset the 8.5 prefs and it did fix the "view menu" issue I started this thread with. So at least that is something positive.

Dear FZnoob,

We have indeed received a few crash logs from you (one in April, one in May), but unfortunately these "Apple crash logs" only give us a vague clue as to what you were doing and are not the "smoking gun" that we need to find and fix the problem in most cases.  We do our best to analyze these and see what we can do to resolved them based on that information alone, but if you are able to repeat your steps and repeat the problem, then if you can send the file and the steps, we can make sure that issue gets corrected.

If you can not determine the cause of the problem, but you can make it happen fairly quickly if you try, we can also do an online meeting so we can watch as you are working to see if we can spot whatever it is that is not being handled properly.  Please let us know if you would like to try this and we will set up a meeting ASAP.

There were tons more crash logs I didn't bother to send because they didn't seem to be of any real benefit to either of us.

Like I said, the problem comes and goes. I can create a file, follow the exact same process, it can be just fine or not.

It can just crash doing something as simple as moving a control point, or it will let me do a reasonably complex model with no issues.

So if no one else is experiencing this behaviour, then it must be my computer.

As I have alreasdy stated, I don't have issues with any software on my machine except FZ. Nothing more I can say.

Archived