AutoDesSys

Palettes are a mess. How can I reset them?

the_

I just installed FormZ and was dragging the main window around to see how the palletes would react. To my suprise, they didn't stay in the same place and now I'd like to reset them back to their default positions and sizes. How can I do this?

Hi The_

The Menus are at the top of the screen (File, Edit... Workspace...).

Does Reset Workspace solve the problem for you?

If not, can you send a screen capture of what you see so we can try to help further?

Hi The_

The Menus are at the top of the screen (File, Edit... Workspace...).

Does Reset Workspace solve the problem for you?

If not, can you send a screen capture of what you see so we can try to help further?

It seems there is no "Workspace" menu for me. Does the Free version not have this feature?

Ok, we will test with that.  Is this Windows 8.1?

If you first Quit formZ Free, then go to your C: Users: [uSER]: App Data: Roaming -- and then rename the autodessys folder (just add a number to the end of the name), does that fix it when you relaunch formZ?

(Depending on your setup, you may need to show hidden files to see the App Data folder.)

Does that help?

Windows 7

That fixed it, however I was able to mess up the layout again within a few seconds after opening FormZ. This is caused by the palletes being "sluggish" when the main window is being dragged, and I drag windows around a lot during my modeling/design sessions. I suggest using Adobe programs or even SketchUp as inspiration. The different tools can be embedded into the main window.

See these gifs for reference.

SketchUp: http://i.imgur.com/qsqYhJQ.gif

FormZ: http://i.imgur.com/r5zRyEo.gif

Great program, but I just can't use it in its current state.

Hi The,

Ok, thanks for clarifying, we will see if we can find a system where we can reproduce this.  Why do you need to drag the project window around?  You can easily switch between programs using the Task Bar, or Alt Tab, no?

It not only has to do with switching between programs, but rearranging the windows on my monitors. For example a reference image becomes my primary focus. I put that on my primary monitor and drag the design software to my secondary monitor. Maybe I want to watch a movie on my secondary monitor so I move the design software to my third monitor. It may seem confusing, but it's a system that I have used for years. Even then, this is an issue that should've never existed or gotten through QA. Even the slightest movement can offset the palletes by a few pixels.

Dragging works for me, but can't say as I ever tried before.  But if you can't work with Alt Tab (don't know why, but if you can't), then check back in a month or two and see if they were able to find and fix the cause...

Archived