AutoDesSys

vector line options

Bo Atkinson

Is there a way to draw a continuous vector line which returns to the first point, but then goes off in another direction to continue adding more segments and points? it seem earlier versions allowed this without ending the vector line when it clicks a second time on the first point.   An example would be draw a shape like the letter "X" starting at the center point (and doubling over each leg).

Trying something similar to this stops drawing after retuning to click at center point (which coincides with first point).  I tried each option box without luck.   I need a continuous, successional vector line which has many coincident point and ultimately needs to be a closed wire but not a surface.

It would not surprise me if my machine is compromised. My only other workaround seems to be snap to a much smaller sphere surface located at center, but i would prefer coincident points at center.

Dear Tech,

Indeed one shouldn't make surfaces or solids that way. I don't. Yet if one clicks for point 1, then clicks point 2 and lastly clicks back on point one, v8 accepts this result and reports back that we have a surface, despite no area content is so generated.

We also get the info in Tools Option, that the plain line object with 2 points actually has a face.  I don't object to any of this, nor many other definitional matters, but only seek possible means to various ends. 

I have to realize that plain wires are not a fully supported topology as wires in themselves without needs for faces, (sometimes). This part has always presented difficulties.

No complaints though, i love formZ 8.

Archived