AutoDesSys

FormZ Pro 8.5 info?

Des

I'm just refering to a mention of the upcoming FormZ Pro 8.5 in your circulated email about the FormZ Spring Special.

You say it has some pretty exciting new features.

Any chance you could enlighten us a bit further?  :huh:  :D

Thanks,

Des

• 3 weeks later...

My top fixes for 8.5:

Loss of the input dimension box upon pan or temporary guide placement...meaning I have to mouse back up there and click the box to enter dimensions.

Improved shadow edges for Shaded Full render

Ability to have Layers and Materials with digits at the end copied in numeric order 1, 2, 3, etc.   E.G., "Layer 1" copied would become "Layer 2" then "Layer 3"  instead of "Layer Copy", "Layer Copy 2"

Improvements in windows and doors (mentioned in a previous post)

Thanks for fixing the "others locked" and "others visible" for collapsed groups!!!  Or at least it seems fixed to me.

Looking forward to the new update.

Would also love to see the Operand Status palette finally.  I can't seem to post an image of it today for some reason, but essentially a palette with the choices from the Edit menu.  From Ghost Operands to Unlock Components in the palette for quick and easy access.

It would be wonderful if 8.5 works with ALL cores on a Mac Pro 2013 tube, because it is really annoying to hear from support that I have to choose 6-cores instead of the 16 available.

And a +1 for Asone for the option in Layers... Layer 1, 2, 3, etc. that's more smart.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Des & Paul,

formZ 7 and 8 have the Snap to Interval object snap, which has the number of Intervals set to 2 by default.  This should function just like the midpoint snap in v6.  Is there something that this is not doing for you?

Ah yes, I see what you did there... and if I increase the pixel tolerance, I don't have to zoom right out.

Ok, how about it extending a snap preview to the centre instead of zooming out and hovering over where I think the centre is?

Forget it, I'm being pedantic, just miss some of the old school tools.....  :unsure:

Stick to edges is fine, use it all the time.

Back in the day, when one wanted to place a point at the centre of an arc or curved wall etc., one could select "snap to centre of arc" in the old snap options.

Then when hovering over the arc, one would get a preview of the snap at the centre of where the arc is sprung from (not the midpoint of the arc edge).

Great for placing the points very quickly at all the centres for later use.

But all fine... I'll get my coat...

I have to concede, I preferred the midpoint option of 6.x.   as I had hot keys set up for everything  and could switch back and fourth between it and the switch to intervals snap typically set to 3.      Give me that SDK and I won't care any more  ;)

Archived