AutoDesSys

Texture map issues

Andrew West

I know that the new method of texture mapping introduced in 7 is supposed to be superior but I still find lots of annoying little problems.  Perhaps someone could take a look at this piece of geometry and explain why I can't get the texture map to scale properly.  I want the proportions of the map to be based on the image map.  That option is not available.  To get it to work correctly I have to assign it uv coordinates and then go back and change it to cubic.  Then proportions are allowed again. 

The second issue that I constantly run into is the copy attributes tool.  When I texture map a piece of geometry correctly and then try to copy that  to another object I often find that the scale and proportions of the map do not copy correctly.  This leads to a tremendous amount of wasted time.  Any idea why this happens?

Using form.z 8 on windows 64 bit machine.

Wall.zip

Dear Andrew,

When we click on your object with the Edit Texture tool, we see that the Lock Size is not set.  We check that option, and then we can set the lock proportions based on the image file without any trouble.  You can do this in the Texture Map Tool Options:

post-5-0-31347800-1428410623_thumb.jpg

Or by right clicking on the "diagonal scale controller:"

post-5-0-53085600-1428410622_thumb.jpg

When we Copy Attributes from this object to others, the scale is working properly for us:

post-5-0-96618500-1428410622_thumb.jpg

Note that if you are in a Perspective View, objects in the foreground may appear to have larger scales, but they should appear the same in an axonometric view, or when viewed in perspective at the same distance.

We tested this on both Mac and Windows -- but if you have a specific series of steps that is not working for you, please send more details to support@formz.com so we can help.

Archived