AutoDesSys

Shaded full shows as wireframe...

-andrew-

Hi Andrew,

We are not sure why this would occur.  Did Rob's advice help?

If not, does the problem occur also with a New Project, or only with a specific one?

And if a New Project does not show the issue, can you send us one that does so we can test that here?

Yes, Shaded Work uses its own built in light, Shaded Full represents the lights in the file as best it can (and will show distant, point, cone, and Ambient lights, but not more advanced ones for other renderers).

Gotcha.

I guess I was thinking that the Ambient Occlusion property was independent of light sources, and therefore, the model would be, as well.

For me, Ambient Occlusion is really useful! Great update. Maybe it can eventually be worked into Shaded Work display.

thanks again,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Ambient Occlusion is NOT independent of Light Sources.  It occurs relative to the Ambient Light in the File, and if you use the Additional Contrast, that is relative to the other lights in the file...

Yes - understood!

It's great to work with it on.

I seem to remember a discussion at some point ( not here - with another software) regarding AO wherein it was generated based only on edge geometry and not dependent on any lighting whatsoever. It was pretty cool - more like a nonphotorealistic rendering setting.

The same engine was used to generate grime based on geometry. 

thanks

Archived