AutoDesSys

Layout file size

AHTOH

Hello Tech.

I`m just wondered how is it even possible that Layout drawing of this simple detail could use 25+megs of disk space? Which is even more than a model from which it was created.

William Shakespeare for his entire life created 8 megs of content!

Drawing:

post-46-0-79383000-1427355100_thumb.png

Detail:

post-46-0-77237200-1427355099_thumb.png

File size:

post-46-0-92366500-1427355098_thumb.png

Files themselves.

And with this sizes refresh of simpliest drawing or even saving files takes eternity to complete.

Can`t wait you to improve Layout.

Hi Anton,

Thanks for posting your files.  The last Vector Hatch Pattern that you are using on your main walls is incredibly inefficient in this file for some reason.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will see what we can do to improve this.  If you just use a different hatch pattern, perhaps like this:

post-5-0-73802900-1427379974_thumb.jpg

Then it should work a lot better, and the file will be a lot smaller.

We have also verified the line weight issue in your file.  We are not sure why this is happening yet but we will continue investigating.  If we make a new layout file, it works fine there though.

Thanks again for your reports, we will get these corrected.

Hello Tech.

In fact I use several hatch patterns in this tech drawing. So, which is bed one?

I usually use several hatch patterns to define one detail or group of details from another. 

To be honest, guys, Layout in FormZ is real pain. Especially when FZ 6 is no longer supported. As I noted before you lost all of that awesome  stuff we had in Drafting environment of FZ 6 and below in order to redefine drafting in app.

So, I can`t wait when you will improve tech drawing environment as you stated here recently.

Hi Anton,

It is the latch hatch pattern in the vector hatches that you are using on the large portion of your main walls.  I just selected that object, changed its hatch as shown above, and that made the file much faster & nicer to work with...

Archived