AutoDesSys

De-activating a license... somewhere...

-andrew-

Hi,

As far as I know I only have a copy of FZ7 installed on my iMac; however, I went to activate it on my laptop and got a message that we something about the max. number of copies being activated.

Anyway - how can I either de-activate a license, or, at least, find out where else it was activated?

thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I manage our copies of formZ at our office.   First make sure you are connected to the internet, and that you are not blocking formZ from connecting with your firewall.

If you are still having trouble. the best bet is to hold down ALT and click Register, and follow the additional instructions. 

If you need to "unregister" formz from a computer,  You have to email ADS.  Give them the MAC address of the computer to be deactivated, and they can remove it for you

Thanks Rob.

I'll try that out - however... I only own 3 computers; it's installed and running on my iMac, not installed on my PC, and installed but with "too many registrations" warning on my laptop.

So, basically, installed and running on 1 computer.

Therefore, I'm not sure why I'm getting the registration limit message.

Also - just upgraded to 8 and would like to install my laptop also to run as well; I'm assuming I can do that...

Any thoughts appreciated.

thanks,

Andrew

Installed on at least 2 computers is the limit, running or not, v7 or v8, or both on the SAME computer, but not 2 7's and 2 8's.  (7 and 8 on the same 2 is fine.)

MAC Address to move, and ALT Register if you are having trouble.

"v7 or v8, or both on the SAME computer, but not 2 7's and 2 8's.  (7 and 8 on the same 2 is fine.)" ??

Sorry, not sure I follow - that seems contradictory.

Here's what I had when I got the error:

V7 installed on my iMac.

Nothing else...

I installed V8 on my iMac now as well. 

thanks,

Andrew

Hi Exo,

Yes, we are looking into ways to automate moving licenses, but that is not available right now.  Just let us know the MAC Address of the computer you want to remove (or the one you want to keep) and we can reset this for you.

If you are sure you haven't registered on 2 other computers, we have seen a somewhat rare case whereby that message can occur if formZ is being blocked from connecting to the internet.  In that case, if you are unable to solve the problem by adjusting your firewall or other settings, hold down the ALT key when you click Register, and follow the additional instructions there.

Archived