AutoDesSys

Layout Problems- Displaying Lines

Shibui Design

Hello. I have a layout file created a few days ago. Today I made changes to the model and when the layout file updated, one of the views lost some of the linework. I tried deleting the misbehaving viewport and created it again with the same problem. Attached is a .zip both files. Any ideas why this might be happening? 

center scenic.zip

Hi ENV,

When I open your file, I see the missing lines for a second and the it appears to update properly.  Are you using formZ 8.0.2, and if so, if you reboot your computer and reopen the file, does it then update properly for you?

post-5-0-69668300-1426856704_thumb.jpg

And is the image above what you expect to see?

Using 8.0.2. Restarting seems to fix it.

Unrelated to this problem. When I create a new dimension style in Layout, where does the style save? I'm wanting to know because every time I create a new style and save it, I can't seem to reload it, thus I'm recreating new styles every time I use layout. When I search my computer for the dim style created, it is not found.

Hi ENV,

Whoops, sorry, missed that question / answer.  

The Dimension Styles can be accessed via the File Menu: Project Settings, and you can export or import a set from one project to another.

You can also just copy and paste a dimension using the desired style from one project to another, and the Dimension Style will also be transferred.

And if you always want a set of Dimension Styles in all new projects, you can save that in your Template file...

Archived