AutoDesSys

FZ8 and OSX yosemite issue: stall when quit.

3dworks

since i installed OSX yosemite on my main mac pro yesterday, i'm having the following issue: after a session with FZ with lots of imports from DWG and subsequent cleaning up, when i try to quit FZ and close the single projects, this will make the mac unresponsive to up to 1 minute for each closed window. only the mouse can be moved, but all other actions are not possible. i can reproduce this every time.

kind regards

markus

i also found out after a while that FZ will usually hang when quit (after all windows are closed with the described issues,  after a simple opening and closing a file whith none of the delays described before), maybe the two issues are related. see the attached log of FZ from activity monitor...

Sample of formZ.txt.zip

I have same computer and not experienced your issue. Suggest sending file to tech. If you can get priject to me I can try on my computer. I assume you tried to save project then close project window. Then quit fmz with no windows open? The Minuit is not the time it takes to save project? How big is the project file?

as far as i can see from the logs, it has something to do with the dongle driver? i tought FZ8 was dongle free??

SCANs: realpath [/Library/Frameworks/WkMacLibX.framework/Versions/A/A] failed with errno 62 (Too many levels of symbolic links)

i have still installed the wibu key driver from my previous installations (it wasn't updated since FZ7 i guess), should i remove it?

OK, i deinstalled the old wibu dongle driver and apparently there are no problems anymore! at least stall/crash when quit is resolved.

please FZ tech have a look why this happened, maybe it's the cause for other issues as well when these drivers are still installed on a mac. i wonder what users which need a wibu driver for other applications will do.

Hi Markus,

Properly functioning WIBU Drivers will not cause any problems for formZ -- but if you have a malfunctioning driver, then that could potentially cause an issue.  We would bet that if you reinstall the current WIBU Drivers that things will still be fine for you, but if you have any issues with this, please let us know.  

i will not install it again because i do not need it. and i'm not sure it was malfunctioning. if i understand the log correctly, it was FZ which crashed, not the driver - or can you explain why FZ had an issue with it?

nevertheless, the stalling issue when closing heavy scenes (especially when medium complex to complex DWG have been imported) remains. it takes literally minutes to close FZ window by window after a longer session. i also had again a crash after the last session when closing the last window, see attachment.

kind regards

markus

formZ_2015-03-17-162439_Supercat.crash.zip

Hi Markus,

We can't tell much from that log, but if you can send the file(s) and / or steps necessary to make -- or the delay happen, then we can investigate it, solve it, and help avoid it until the correction is available...

it's rather hard to send you files, as it's a bunch of DWG's imported and assembled. so reproducing any steps is difficult, but it is a typical working situation. i always work with this kind of files, they are not anymore complex than in earlier projects, and i'm getting these stalls only since upgrading from last mavericks version to latest yosemite. i'm having these only if thousands and more imported factes are handeled - it seems not to apply to geometry created inside FZ, at least to a much lesser degree.

i am currently having a critical deadline in scedule - so maybe after finishing this project i can try to set up any reproducible steps and send a package to you.

i wonder if anyone else here is experiencing the same? i already refreshed completely my FZ setup, downloaded the latest version, removed all but LAB extensions, rebuilt all prefs.

let me also say that FZ seems the only program which i am using having any anomalies in yosemite...

Hi Markus,

We also do this kind of thing all the time, but perhaps there is something unique to the files you are importing?  Of course we understand that deadlines come first, so good luck with that.  We will continue testing, but anything you can send (when you have time) that will better direct our testing will help in identifying what is causing this and improving the performance.

Archived