AutoDesSys

Texture issues

Andrew West

I think that something might be messing with my materials once again.  Attached is an example.  I correctly applied a mist shader and bump to a material for a standing seam roof.  In shaded mode it displayed just fine.  Then last night I was working on a Maxwell trial render on a different project.  When I opened up my other project this morning the standing seam roof shows up in shaded mode as the autodessys logo.  It renders fine in renderzone and displays the roofing correctly.   In order to get rid of the logo I had to select and copy all the roofing and paste it into a new project. Then I had to  select the Map Texture tool and reapply the texture to all my roof geometry.  Then I had to select the edit texture tool and go rescale and orient the texture.  Then copy and paste back into the model.  Now it displays correctly.    Strange. 

In the materials palette I noticed that when I use a mist shader in the renderzone tab the shaded tab defaults to a texture map (logo).  If I change the shaded tab to a color it gets rid of my mist shader.  Then if I go back and reapply my mist  it displays properly in shaded mode but again defaults to "texture" but does not display the logo.  This is all over the place and I am not sure I am explaining it properly.  Please experiment with the geometry I am attaching.

I know that Maxwell can't display procedural textures and uses the logo as a default when seeing these.  This has been an issue when I occasionally try Maxwell on a test render.  Once Maxwell converts the procedural to a logo I have a hard time getting rid of it.  However, I have never experienced an instance where it has converted a procedural into the logo on a project that I didn't use Maxwell on.    Is this a plug in issue?

Texture issue.zip

Hi Andrew,

The Maxwell plugin will show whatever you see in the openGL Shaded modes. Procedural textures are shown in Shaded as a small rendered texture map, so that is what Maxwell will render (it does not know about other rendering plugins). In this case, the formZ logo is shown, so that's what is rendered.

The only occasion where the Maxwell plugin requests formZ to change the texture map in a Shaded channel (color, transparency, or bump), is when you explicitly click on the 'Update Shaded' button located in the Referenced MXM area.

We do not know why the 'Mist' and 'Stripes' Renderzone procedural textures are not showing in the Shaded representation. However, we did find that if you switch from Mist to Plain Color, and then back to Mist, and Stripes to None and back to Stripes, it is re-synced. The Maxwell preview:

post-32-0-30772900-1426196001_thumb.png

If you find a way to reproduce the issue with specific steps, please post.

Archived