AutoDesSys

Network render - MXS path error

Spacer

Hi,

I know that FZ v6 is outdates, but perhaps you can help anyway. My Maxwell version is 2.7x.

In network rendering launched from FZ with the network path indicated as 'Custom Location' specified correctly through the network and "MXI,IMAGE, Folder per Maxwell Scene, and create Dependencies subfolder " all checked, I find that I all to often get the following error message, "MS canot be written to that path... Purge materials, check textures, etc.."

Sometimes I don't get it and sometimes I do. My 'fix' has been to reopen Maxwell rener options, and reselect (the same) path. SOMETIMES that works.

Workaround 2 is to purge materials- even if there are none to purge- SOMETIMES that seems to jog Maxwell and it works.

Last resort: Change the name of the view in FZ so that it creats all new folders. this is a terrible solution because it means I can no longer open one image in a series in the Windows Photo viewer and simply scroll through all the test renders. that is important workflow stuff.

Any ideas on this? I am really losing a lt of time.

thanks-

Peter

Hi Peter,

The plugin for formZ 6 is no longer in development; however, a few things come to mind you might try:

1. This sounds like a permissions issue. Make sure permissions are set properly (read&write) for your output folder & subfolders. Or perhaps you are attempting to overwrite an MXS, MXI, or image file which is protected.

2. If you are using an external disk, try saving to your boot volume instead.

3. Try using the 'With formZ project' option instead of 'custom location' for the automatic filepath output.

Archived