AutoDesSys

Collada export ruins geometry

AHTOH

Hi Anton,

We have been able to reproduce this on certain OS X computers.  Can you use the OBJ Export instead?  (If you need DAE export, then the next best option would be to Save back to formZ v7, and export the file from there.)  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

Hi Anton,

We have been able to reproduce this on certain OS X computers.  Can you use the OBJ Export instead?  (If you need DAE export, then the next best option would be to Save back to formZ v7, and export the file from there.)  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

I can use OBJ but sometimes FZ produces strange scaling like 10 times bigger. Sometimes it does not.

Yes, I sow export transformations carefully :-)

Hi Anton,

We have never seen a scaling issue with OBJ, and we just did a few quick tests without any issues.  We will continue testing this, but if you can reproduce this, please provide further details so we can better direct our testing.

Also the strange thing about Collada export is: it was OK a week ago. I am not sure if I installed newer version of FormZ at the meantime. However I installed Maxwell and reset FZ prefs since.

Also Collada imports-experts like a charm. See what I get when I import .OBJ. And it is every time different. Like it has one settings in first import and I have to rotate imported objects 90 degrees arond X and scale them say 0.1. Same settings in second import I get 10 times smaller object rotated 90 degrees about X. Anyway no time object is in its place. Nothing of this happens with .DAE

post-46-0-53547100-1426006546_thumb.png

Dark guy (linens) suppose to be on matress. It is when I import it to Marevellous Designer and it is messed when imported to FormZ

Here are the settings:

post-46-0-44915500-1426006680_thumb.png

Anton,

In general (with the exception of the Units), we would recommend using the Default Import / Export options for compatibility with most other programs:

post-5-0-10641200-1426010599_thumb.jpg

If you reset your settings, does that work better for you?

If not, please send a .FMZ file where you are having issues, and the corresponding OBJ / MTL files so we can test with them.

OK, try to import these OBJs (parts of blanket) into this FormZ file (bed sheet) with settings you provide. OBJs are 10 times bigger and located aside from their original locations. 

Files are here

Well that`s true, but the thing is I`m importing from Marvelous designer and that where I get these results. In MD all settings are 0,0,0. FormZ interprets it own way. And there where no problems of this kind with Collada. My garments where getting on it`s place as a charm.

Archived