AutoDesSys

Some issues

Exocubic

When a custom ref plane is active, an axis indicator appears on screen. Is there any way to shut these guys off?

post-9624-0-46135000-1425910243_thumb.png

The Draft Sweep tool continuity warning pops up every time a change is made to the tool settings. Would it be possible to add a "do not show this again" checkbox so we don't have to dismiss this thing over and over and over and over...

post-9624-0-73452500-1425910415_thumb.png

Also in the Draft Sweep options, when using "Custom" in the By Function option, there's a disclosure triangle that discloses... nothing.

post-9624-0-24292100-1425910542_thumb.png

The Objects Palette not updating properly bug drove me bananas all weekend. Any word on when a fix for this will make it into an update?

Is it possible to make editing an Object/Group/Layer name less quirky on Mac? The click-and-hold behavior seems pretty archaic, and takes me some time to adjust to when coming over Z from other software.

Just tried Full Screen mode. Escape doesn't work to get out of said mode, and the window control UI is covered by the Menu Bar when cursor is at the top of the screen. Had to drag palettes around to get at the controls. In other words, formZ Full Screen mode is horribly broken.

I'm hoping some serious dev time is being put into cleaning up the window management/UI stuff. Custom workspaces are still wonky, and core functionality that worked flawlessly in V6 is gimped in V8.

Hi Exocubic,

The World Origin axes will show when you have an arbitrary plane active to let you know where you are in the project.  Currently there is not an option to turn this off, but if that would be useful we can consider adding an option for the future.

The Draft Sweep warning could have a “Don’t Show” option, we will consider this and fix the text in the warning.

In some cases the Objects Palette may not update until you click on it, and we are investigating this.  You do not need to click and hold to rename an item.  Click to select, wait half a second (or whatever your double click timing is), click again, and it will switch to edit mode.  Or you can just double click to bring up the dialog where you can edit it.

The ESC key will Cancel an operation, so if you are working in Full Screen, do you want that to execute the Cancel, or exit the Full Screen?  Personally I prefer it as it is.  Also, you generally don’t want all your palettes on screen if you are using Full Screen mode, so just set up a Key Shortcut for Hide Palettes (and then use key shortcuts or Favorites to access tools), so you can then easily click the button to exit full screen, and hit the shortcut again to restore the palettes.

formZ is very respectful of me as a user; it allows me very fine control of how I interact with the software. Not being able to control the visibility of the World Origin axes doesn't quite fit in. So, yes, consider this a vote for user control of its visibility.

Perhaps it is my hardware setup, but the Objects Palette on my machine is clueless as the state of the objects in my modeling window and requires way too much fiddling on my part. I LOVE the Objects Palette/Layers Palette combination for managing my geometry - it is head and shoulders above any other modeling package (save maybe C4D) for dealing with complex scenes. The sub-optimal behavior I'm getting is really messing with my workflow. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help pin this problem down and get it fixed.

I would like a setting to allow me to just double-click on a layer or object name to edit, rather than bringing up the dialog. I've been hopping back and forth between Illustrator CC and formZ and find adobe's handling of this much more intuitive and straight-forward. The click-pause-click method feels archaic, outdated, and wasteful of my time.

I see your point about the ESC key in full screen. My point, however, was that I could not get the UI for canceling out of that mode to show. The traffic lights were being hidden by the menu bar dropping down when my cursor went to the top of the screen, leaving me no way to exit the mode. I just tried it again, and the same issue occurs. I see the window controls for a split second, but then they are obscured by the menu bar. This isn't a big deal for me, but definitely is not proper behavior.

Archived