AutoDesSys

Controlled rounding

Andrew West

Next problem with V8:  I have a model that is almost complete and I wanted to round off the edges on a few pieces of geometry.  When I use the Rounding Tool or Controlled Rounding and click on an object it looses the texture map placement and scale assigned to it.  My lesson here is to round an object PRIOR to applying a texture map.  Any chance that a future version could correct this?

A bit more information here:  The tools actually do work properly on some of my objects but not on others.  I needed to use the Map texture tool prior to using the Edit texture tool when assigning textures.  Then I can round the objects without loosing the texture.  I am not sure why this is not working on some of my objects though.

Hi Andrew,

We just ran a few tests and this is working fine for us.  D this only happen when you have objects that were opened from formZ v6 and earlier, or imported from other programs?  If so, then they may not have texture coordinates being assigned to them, and adding the Controlled Rounding will assign texture coordinates to the objects, and thus this could be expected.

But of the objects already have texture coordinates assigned properly (which they would automatically if they were made in v7 or later) then this should not happen.  If textures have been already applied to these objects and it is still happening, can you send one or two of the objects whose textures are being reset so we can check this here?

Archived