AutoDesSys

Modeling tools Palette

setz

Is there a way to reduce the number of icons in the Modeling Tools Palette?  For example if I move Point Tool and Guide Tool into the Pick "tray" and then I want to delete the Guides "tray" is there a way to do this?

V8

post-176-0-79942000-1417800324_thumb.png

When Place Component Tool is chosen, the Component Manager Palette appears automatically.  If you then choose another tool, it remains open and needs to be closed manually.  Can it be set to automatically turn off (If it wasn't open by prior to using the Tool) when you switch to another tool?

Hi Robert,

With the Tool Manager open, you can just drag a tool palette from the main modeling tool bar and it will be removed.  You can also drag other tool bars up or down if you like (but be careful not to make a mistake, as you may need to recreate the palette, or reset your workspace if you do).

Thanks for the suggestion on the Pick Crossing Tap key, we will consider this for the future.

The Extend To (line editing tool) will extend a segment to a face.  Is that now working for you?

Extend To wasn't working the first time I tried, probably because of sloppy selection - the face was embedded in a forest of objects and I posted before testing with the example in the image.  My bad, so I edited (deleted) that post. :)

When the Tool Manager is open, I am unable to reposition, or to drag tools off the Model Palette (is this the same thing as the main modeling toolbar?)  I have my prefs set like this:

post-176-0-16867400-1417803734_thumb.png

And "delete is greyed out on the contextual menu:

post-176-0-02792200-1417803996_thumb.png

Hi Robert,

Yes, Main Modeling Toolbar = Model Palette = (properly termed) Modeling Tools Palette.

We found one computer where dragging the tool bar from the Modeling Tools Palette did not work until we first dragged a tool icon inside the Tool Manager Palette (you don't have to drag it anywhere in particular, just click and drag in the Tools section, and let it go there).  If you do that, can you then remove the tool rows by dragging them?  (If so, there should be a little "cloud" icon near the cursor.)

Does that help?

Yes, that enabled the moving and removing.  But then after rearranging the tools in the Palette, the tear-off palettes no longer show up for any of the other tools. Tools which were repositioned are showing tear-offs, but only with the single topmost tool.

Archived