AutoDesSys

Resource manager

tbray

I upgraded to 3.1 Maxwell and it won't launch maxwell from form z because of error in log?

I have checked all textures to make sure there are no files missing but there is still error.

The line above is blank and don't know what it is after.

What could it be?post-144-0-87290700-1423879481_thumb.png

In the formZ material 'dark glass edge', try temporarily changing the Maxwell representation from "Referenced" to "Translate Shaded".

Does this help? If so, please zip and post the MXM: E:\Files\MXM Textures\Glazing\AGS-Tinted.mxm

Hi - I copy and pasted the Form Z project into a new form z file - and all the textures worked and Maxwell render launched - so I'm guessing there was a problem with my original form z file? Strange. I'm just wondering , I'm using an IBL light to light the scene and using it for all other settings including illumination, Background - refraction. It is all in shadow. How do I make it so the HDR is shining on the object or house in this case. Also how do I add an additional light like sunlight within form z that maxwell recognises as it is looking like it is lit with ambient lighting. Or will it look like direct lighting when I spin the HDR around in the illumination channel. How to do this? post-144-0-35418000-1425341865_thumb.jpg

Troy

We can't tell much about your illumination from a thumbnail image.

However, if you have both active Sky and an IBL in your project, if you disable any of the IBL channels, the Sky will be used in lieu of the IBL for that channel. Thus it is possible to have illumination come from the Sky sun, for instance, and reflection, refractions, and background from the IBL.

Archived