AutoDesSys

Drawing in layer color

Alan Cooper

I have been fiddling around with layer attributes but cannot seem to get lines to display in their layer color in wireframe or shaded work. It would be great if there were a simple toggle where we could view everything on view, or selected in the drawing by line color, material color or layer color instantly. What is the nearest and simplest method currently please? Attached: Layer attributes where layer color is selected but does not appear to be working.

post-242-0-40988300-1423563429_thumb.jpg

Hi Alan,

This is working fine for us.  By default the Edge Color (in the Object's Attributes) will use the Material Average:

post-5-0-45132500-1423575939_thumb.jpg

Then with the Display Options set to Use Object Edge Color:

post-5-0-52895200-1423575945_thumb.jpg

The Layer Override should be visible.

Does that help?

Yes, Tech, thank you. I didn't think to look in tool options pick palette. 

What takes so long to try to remember is where to look to make a change as there are so many palettes and settings dialogues to find all the controls. It must be hard to design a program like FormZ which has to be so user-controllable in a way which is as simple and logical as possible for the user to learn and remember. I think there could be a place though for some simple toggles as suggested or maybe not to scatter controllability among so many different dialogue palettes? Maybe I am just not clever enough and my memory is incapable of holding sufficient information as a part time user of such a full program as this. Results are very satisfying but struggling with some settings has a big impact on my progress.

Hi Alan,

Yes, I guess that is understandable -- but the Material Average is on by default, so you would only need to remember where to "change it back" if you had unchecked that in the first place, no?  (Perhaps we could add an Edge Color override to the Layer Overrides?)

Archived