AutoDesSys

I am not able to run any 32 bit version of Form-Z

asmithey

I am not able to run any 32 bit version of Form-Z on my new computer.  I can run the 64 bit versions fine.  I installed the x86 vcredist.  I found a thread from 2012 where someone experienced the exact same issue. When you try to start the program it freezes at the Form-Z splash screen.

Here are my system specs.

Win 7 pro x64

Samsung SSD 1 TB (operating system and programs)

Dual E5-2600 v3 CPU's

32 GB Ram

GTX 970

ASUS Z10PE D8 WS

4 TB SSD + HDD

I have other 32 bit applications like Photoshop running just fine.

Hi Aaron,

Sorry you are having trouble.  We do not remember anyone else having this issue, and we are not sure why this would occur.  

If you have not done so already:

1.  Uninstall formZ v8.0.2, disable virus detection, and then reinstall it once more.  

2.  Delete or rename the autodessys folder from USER: App Data: Roaming when formZ is NOT running.

3.  Make sure you have the current video driver installed.

Does that help?

If not, can you please post the link to the discussion that you found so we can see if there are any clues there?

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the forum link.  Unfortunately we don't see any clues there.  You would likely solve this if you reinstalled your OS, but that would not be the easiest solution.

Does your startup screen show only the version and build number at the bottom like Martin shows, or does it list more than that?

If you disable your virus detection software and (re) Install Quicktime, does that affect it?

Or if you remove the formZ Plugins folder from the formZ Application folder, does that allow it to launch?

I have been doing some digging and I found other people with the same issue with 3DMAX and 32 bit version.  They boiled it down to their cpu's having to many cores.  It seems to be a cpu affinity issue perhaps.  Is anyone else running the 32 bit version that you know of with a similar dual set up like the one I have?

This computer is lees than a month old.  The OS was just installed not that long ago.  And i have only a few programs on it.  Maxwell, Blender, Form-Z, Photoshop and unreal Engine 4.  

Here is what the action center tells me...

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\formZ 8\formZ 8 Pro 32\formZ.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: formZ.exe
Application Version: 8.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 54b97df9
Fault Module Name: StackHash_5948
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 22222020
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5948
Additional Information 2: 5948de3440b5d020a4a5c1ea2070e514
Additional Information 3: 0759
Additional Information 4: 0759aab07fdc61dabef07df026ef10f3

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 201033269

What happens if you run the Compatibility Trouble Shooter?

(Right click on formZ, choose Properties: Compatibility: Run)

In general you should not check any Compatibility modes, but in this case, if you set it to run as Vista (or perhaps even XP), does that allow you to run it?

Or does checking the Run As Administrator option help?

What results did the trouble shooter report?

There are a few other suggestions / solutions here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/39174-bex-error-2.html?s=cbbe06527a8dea854c910e9daaa0ff82

Do any of those help?

A google search yields a lot of other threads with similar issues with other programs.  If you are still having trouble, that would be the next thing to check...

Archived