AllieAlape reacted to Des in Components to Instances
I know I asked about this before, but I was wondering if there is any news regarding a components to instances option in any upcoming versions?
I realise that it's an issue with FormZ code or something like that, but maybe with all the talk about FZ version 9, that this could be addressed?
Thanks in advance,
AllieAlape reacted to Andrew West in New version issues
Woke up today to an email announcing the new version of Maxwell for form.z. As always I couldn't wait to see how they have improved it and hoped that it would be faster than the past releases. The email stated that it optimized GPU memory handling which would be a welcome relief. So I installed it and ran a test on a current project. In the previous Maxwell version using CPU only my test render took 6 hours and 17 minutes at 2200x1600 pixels which is half my normal resolution. With the new version using CPU only it took 7 hours and 26 minutes (with no changes to the model). Using GPU engine only the voxilization took 15 minutes and then the render started, both screens went blank, then when the screens came back both Maxwell and Form.z crashed. I got a warning dialogue that the video card crashed and reset. Nvidea GTX 1080 with 8GB. Has anyone else tested the new version yet? If so what were your results?
AllieAlape reacted to pylon in Maxwell Resources
Maxwell Render Manual Maxwell for formZ Plugin Manual Help Topics
Installation and Licensing Problems and Solutions Improving Rendering Speed:Speed Bottlenecks in Maxwell Photography Techniques for Interior Rendering Maxwell Render Dos and Donts Video Tutorials
Maxwell Render FundamentalsCameras Lighting Materials Workflow Before You Begin Maxwell for formZCameras: Depth of Field HDRI Backgrounds and Reflections Interior Lighting, Part 1 (Maxwell Softbox Light Type) Interior Lighting, Part 2 (Light Emitting Materials) Interior Lighting, Part 3 (Incandescent and Neon Materials) Interactive Maxwell Panoramas on iPad Maxwell Grass Material IDs Maxwell for Bonzai3d (Great introductory series. Some features are out of date, but the general workflow is still applicable for formZ)Introduction Getting Started with Bonzai3d and Maxwell Exterior Lighting (Physical Sky, Sky Dome, and HDRI) Materials Services
Maxwell Render Farms
AllieAlape reacted to pylon in Maxwell for formZ 184.108.40.206 Public Release
Hello Maxwell 4 customers,
There has been a public update to Maxwell 4 for formZ. Please log into the Maxwell Render customer portal, and download the latest version of Maxwell 4 for formZ: 220.127.116.11. It contains many important fixes, improved GPU rendering stability, and GPU rendering on OSX (Nvidia graphics card required).
Update to Maxwell Engine 18.104.22.168 OSX GPU Rendering Supported (requires Nvidia graphics card and CUDA Drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html ) Material hints are now updated to the most current version automatically. (Manual updating is still available; setting located in Extensions> Maxwell> System Settings. The material hint version for a given project can be changed at any time; setting located in Extensions> Maxwell> Project Settings.) Plugin Fixes:
Fixed issues loading projects with Object Modifiers (OSX formZ 8.0.2 only) Reassigning material to objects while plugin Fire GPU is running no longer leads to crash Copying objects while plugin Fire GPU is running now displays properly Fixed Package for Renderfarm / Create MXS tool only functioning on first use Windows Installer + Uninstaller improvements
AllieAlape reacted to Spacer in Render Area rectangle worked a couple times and now doesn't
the Render Area rectangle worked a couple times and now doesn't. It justsatrts a render of the whole image. I quit and restarted program, then computer - still the same now.
Maxwell 3,2,1,0 on PC WIN7
AllieAlape reacted to pylon in Maxwell for formZ 22.214.171.124 Public Release
The Maxwell 4.1 release is a big one. If you haven't updated to Maxwell 4 yet, now is the time.
If you are an existing customer, download Maxwell for formZ at the customer portal. If you'd like to kick the tires first, download a trial copy.
There's now an integrated denoiser. When enabled, there will be NO noise in your final rendering. This means Maxwell-quality renderings in a fraction of the time it took previously - in either CPU Production or GPU mode. Expect 2x - 8x faster architectural visualizations.
Denoiser Video Tutorial in Studio (Click CC button for English subtitles)
Denoiser in Maxwell
Denoiser control in formZ
Next up, we have a new Light Mixer. When used in conjunction with Fire, you can interactively fine-tune the contribution of all lights and emitter materials in your scene from one convenient panel. It's a lot like Multilight, inside formZ.
Light Mixer in formZ
Maxwell for formZ supports formZ Light groups both in the Light Mixer and in Multilight. Intensity-override groups are represented as a single slider in both environments.
Using materials from the online materials database in formZ is now just a click away.
Referenced MXM controls in formZ
NEW MATERIAL TYPES
Xrite AxF and TableBRDF material types are now supported directly by the plugin.
• Integrated Denoiser support. (Maxwell Options > Engine tab)
• New Light Mixer for interactively balancing intensity of lights, light groups, onf material emitters. (Extensions > Maxwell Render > Light Mixer...)
• formZ Light Group support: All lights in a formZ light group with intensity override are now represented by a single Multilight slider. (Enable in Maxwell Options > Translate tab)
• Improved access to MXM file browser. (Material Parameters > Maxwell Representation > Referenced MXM option)
• Improved access to online MXM gallery browser. (Material Parameters > Maxwell Representation > Referenced MXM option)
• Direct support for X-Rite AxF Materials (Material Parameters > Maxwell representation).
• Direct support for TableBrdf Materials (Material Parameters > Maxwell representation).
• Support for rendering with the number of available logical processors, minus a specified number. (Set a negative number in Maxwell Options > Engine Tab > CPU Threads)
• Plugin now uses central Maxwell installation.
• Update to the Maxwell 4.1 engine.
• Grass Modifiers using formZ material option now restored correctly on open.
• Denoiser At Each SL/At End parameter now correctly saved in project.
AllieAlape reacted to pylon in Maxwell for formZ 126.96.36.199 Public Release
Hello Maxwell 3 customers,
There has been a public update to Maxwell 3 for formZ. Please log into the Maxwell Render customer portal, and download the latest Maxwell 3 for formZ, version 188.8.131.52
AllieAlape reacted to pylon in New Maxwell for formZ Early Build (184.108.40.206)
Hello Maxwell 4 Users,
New Maxwell plugins are available in the Next Limit Early Builds area!
This version of Maxwell provides a number of important fixes.
MAXWELL FOR FORMZ PLUGIN
• Update to Maxwell 220.127.116.11 binaries
• Reassigning material to objects while plugin Fire GPU is running no longer leads to crash
• Copying objects while plugin Fire GPU is running now displays properly
• Fixed bad MXI file saved when engine is GPU and normals channel is enabled. MXI backward compatibility broken due to file format change. Older maxwell render are not able to open 18.104.22.168 MXI files.
• CPU render engine performance improved about 10%. Now Maxwell 4 and Maxwell 3 has the same performance.
AllieAlape reacted to Imagix in Volumetric scatter possible
I am trying to make a convincing hedge. I am using Maxwell scatter to distribute individual leafs on an square shape (the hedge). Each leaf mxs file is a flat rectangle. I got two problems...
1. All leafs stick to the square shapes' surface and are either oriented flat on it or pointing 90 degrees outwards. Object modifyer rotate variation seems to have no effect on this. This means the hedge looks transparent when seen from the sides.
2. Again, leafs stick to the surface. Is there a way to make them fill up the square shape? Volumetric scatter.
I have tried to scatter the leafs to several planes close to each other instead. That solves problem 1, but it still looks bad then the hedge is seen from the end or top.
AllieAlape reacted to David Lemelin in generating an animation
Hi there, I was experimenting with some basic animation in FormZ yesterday and seem to be having no luck in selecting Maxwell as my renderer of choice to render a 10-second animation.
I've been launching the animation renders through FromZ's Display menu and have succeeded at creating animations using the built-in modes like hidden line or shaded, but when I select Maxwell, the process seems to go nowhere....
Am I coming at this from the wrong direction? Should I be launching this animation through Maxwell itself?
AllieAlape reacted to pipo in Maxwell Forum
Apologies for posting this here but what's up with the Maxwell forum ?
Its been down for a long while now and there seems to be no link to a (future) forum anywhere on the Maxwell site.
Hope this isn't a case of burying bad press because in this case no news is rather bad news
AllieAlape reacted to SvenJohn in Resuming a Network Render
Dear Pylon & Friends,
This is hopefully a simple question to answer but it's got me stumped. Sometimes I'll network render a scene to a finished SL, let's say SL 17 for example. Then I open the MXI, look it over and decide I'd like to bring it up to SL 18 or 19 for extra clarity. What are the exact steps to RESUME the network render at that point (rather than re-rendering from scratch again?)
I selected the Job name in Monitor and pressed the "Resume Job" button (top icons, fourth from left.)
That resulted in "ERROR: cannot find MXI to resume job." I also tried to select the job in the Monitor and Edit Job to raise the SL but that only works when the network render is in progress. I also tried Add Job to resume but that doesn't work.
I'm using FormZ 8.5.6 and Maxwell 22.214.171.124 by the way.
AllieAlape reacted to pylon in New Maxwell for formZ Early Build (126.96.36.199) provides GPU rendering on OSX
Hello Maxwell 4 Users,
New Maxwell plugins are available in the Next Limit Early Builds area!
This version of Maxwell provides a number of important fixes and support for GPU rendering on macOS.
Nvidia graphics cards with CUDA support are required for GPU rendering. Nvidia's Maxwell and Pascal architectures (CUDA Compute Capability 5.0 and up) are officially supported by Next Limit. Previous micro-architectures are not recommended and may exhibit irregularities.
macOS users must install the latest CUDA drivers before GPU rendering for the first time.
For more information, see Maxwell GPU FAQ.
-Update to Maxwell 188.8.131.52 binaries
-Material hints are now updated to the most current version automatically. (Manual updating is still available; setting located in Extensions> Maxwell> System Settings. The material hint version for a given project can be changed at any time; setting located in Extensions> Maxwell> Project Settings.)
-Fixed Package for Renderfarm / Create MXS tool only functioning on first use
- OSX supported.
- Linux supported.
- Improved emitter sampling and triangle artifact solved.
- Fixed crash with emitters and instances with motion blur.
- Fixed Stack overflow on high-depth voxelizations.
- Fixed clipmaps issues.
- Improved BVH copy to GPU.
- Fixed memory crash with disabled BSDFs.
- Fixed crash when a coating is on a non active BSDF or when having a material with mixed active and non active BSDFs.
- Fixed Z channel through clipmaps. Normals channel has bad values in areas with no geometry.
- Fixed crash using default material in nogui mode.
- Fixed crash in scenes with no emitters (i.e. sky dome).
- Fixed MXI batch processing is exporting channels when user unchecks the option to export them (in some cases).
- Fixed RGB numeric values displayed under mouse pointer (bottom status bar) have not gamma applied for bit-depth 8 and 16.
- Fixed switching from GPU engine, channels does not work on RS1.
- Software opengl DLL added to Windows installers. needed in some cases for old GPUs or remote desktops to show viewport.
- Fixed HDR sky changed to physical sky if using ortho lens, and emitters not reflecting on other objects.
- Fixed Load of asset references for OSX
AllieAlape reacted to pylon in Maxwell, system requirements
Please see: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/maxwell4/formZ+%7C+Render+Options+%7C+Camera
I usually set up a 2D perspective views in the Fire window, and then save them in the views palette with a naming scheme to distinguish them, such as "Maxwell 2d - 1," "Maxwell 2d - 2" etc.
AllieAlape reacted to Imagix in Object modifier library error
This is a minor error I think, but maybe an easy fix. The formZ material (see attached) keeps resetting to the first material defined in the formZ project.
I usually check and correct this just before packing for rendering, but sometimes I forget and that leads to a useless render... White grass in my case.
AllieAlape reacted to tbray in maxwell plugin 184.108.40.206
I'm having same issue but I'm using windows 10.
OS build 1607 - 14393.1198
Form Z 8.5.7 - I'm using Maxwell version 220.127.116.11
It was working perfectly fine. Now it stopped working within form Z. Application maxwell works fine.
I have replaced the maxwell plugin folder with a newly downloaded maxwell folder.
Form Z freezes at launch and unable to click on anything.( plugin installed).
Can't click on anything - used task manager to exit Form Z.
AllieAlape reacted to brion18 in Maxwell 18.104.22.168 Plugin not appearing in Formz 8.5.7
Just recently updated to latest FormZ and the latest Maxwell 4 plugin. I have installed everything but now when i go to open formZ the maxwell plugin is not appearing. I can go in and open the maxwell renderer as a standalone and it is licensed.
AllieAlape reacted to Studio-Swaim in Maxwell, system requirements
Can anyone give me the info needed on the ins and outs of the system requirements for the Maxwell Plug In? I finally decided it may be easier to ask hear since It's been over a week I sent my questions to "Maxwell / Next Limit" and have yet to hear back from them, and the online research I've spent time on, hasn't exactly been presented in basic terminology.
Here is where I'm at. I have upgraded my system software to Mac OS 10.11 per the system requirements. (for those who are still toggling back and forth from FZ 6 to FZ 8. FZ v6 does open and works in OS 10.11). Right now my source of confusion is with the graphics card. What it looks like to me, Maxwell 4 will only operate with an nVIDIA graphics card that is CUDA supported for GPU rendering. It also appears that Mac will not run a GPU card only a CPU card. Am I to understand that 1. Maxwell will only run on a GPU nVIDIA card. 2. Since Mac does not support GPU, Maxwell is unable to run on Macs? or am I missing a whole lot of information?
In short. Will Maxwell run on my Radeon card on my Mac?
Answers suggestions and consultations are greatly appreciated and accepted. (Preferably in layman's terms)