AutoDesSys

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. map as a cylinder(cylindrically) then taper deform
  3. I wonder if there will be an Easter promotion this year (as in years gone by) to celebrate the release of version 10?
  4. Yesterday
  5. I forgot to upload the screenshots:
  6. Truncated cones can be quite challenging to map to. I'm not a fan of Decals generally, but that's probably the easiest way if it works for you here. I seem to remember it not rendering correctly in VRay though, so let us know if that does work, won't you? Alternatively, you could figure out the proportions of the truncated cone and apply that to a logo file to skew it, then map the skewed logo file to the inside with cylinder mapping at 100% height and 360*. You'll need to do some math to figure out the correct r and R for the truncated cone, that is little radius and Large Radius, which you can use to find the proportions to apply to the logo file. Finally, you may have to horizontal 'Flip' the logo file in your photo editor so that the inside cylider mapping comes out correctly in FormZ. Good luck. Please share the outcome so that we can all see how you did it? Cheers.
  7. press "Favourite Tools" and then the letter "d" for the "Decal" tool. Deselect all faces -then select the inner face only. select the material with your logo and try to place it... the UI is very tricky and from the last century... Good Luck vva
  8. Hi, Does anyone have any tips to share for mapping images to odd shapes? I have to add a logo to the inside face of this cone & I can't get it to work with any of the mapping types (flat, cubic, cylindrical etc). It's always stretched out of proportion, is reversed, & I can't stop it repeating. Any ideas? Thanks.
  9. Last week
  10. So it's the Export from FormZ or from Illustrator that you are performing the rotation transformation?
  11. Seriously I could kick myself over this! To get what i wanted is so utterly simple. On export as dxf i simply add a rotation transformation to get the view I need (head slap!)
  12. This is spot on Justin, take note guys. I meant to chime in with the same advise but you beat me to it 😉
  13. This week's form•Z Fundamentals video is now available on Youtube. This video covers the formZ Assistant.
  14. Hello, This was an old annoyance that seems to be completely rectified in v10, atleast for me in v10 on Windows. For v8-v9, he old advice here is you need to rename or trash your formZ preferences folder and restart. To do this... Simply delete or rename the 'autodessys' folder after closing FormZ. On Windows it's located at C:/Users/(Username)/AppData/Roaming (you will have to show hidden items and folders) On Mac it's located at HOME: Library: Preferences After it launches the first time, it will rebuild the default prefences folder. Setup your workspace and palettes the way you want it, then save and close it. After you reopen it the next time, make sure you uncheck the 'Save between Sessions' option under the Workspaces Manager if you do not want to have to reset it again in v8 and v9. What happens sometimes is if formZ crashes when you have that 'Save Between Sessions' option enabled, it will not correctly save the Workspace and you will lose the palettes like the OP.
  15. I am also using version 9, but with each new version there are still always ‘new’ teething problems…
  16. I am not on the mac, but when things like this happen to me on windows, I throw away the autodessys folder, and restart formZ. On windows at least, since version 9 formZ became much more stable and these types of problems went away.
  17. Well I managed sort it out temporarily by switching to ‘animation’ mode, where the pallets were suddenly showing again. I had to go back and forth between Animation and Modeling a few times before it ‘stuck’, but after (I think) three times, it worked again. I still have a problem with mysteriously disappearing content (even after opening saved documents), but the palletes being there! One drawing I have done eleven times…. Strange is that when I move the mouse around, it highlights objects in the palletes, but I can see nothing on the screen ;( Another problem I still have is with radii - as soon as I try to fillet or radius anything, FormZ ‘bombs’ at the moment - again. I have had problems especially with this function since only about version 1.3 (!)… as a pattern maker to the industry a total catastrophe. Some do work, some don’t - even on object clones with different results or failures. Sometimes FormZ drives me crazy… 🤪
  18. When is implement the Dark UI for formZ 10 for Windows 11?
  19. Welcome to my world. I completely rebuild my custom palettes every few weeks, when Fmz crashes it destroys the current set it seems.
  20. hi Peter, I send you my workspace file and my template file ... and a new installation with the firewall disabled may help - perhaps... vva
  21. My palettes have disappeared.it doesn't matter if I open a new project or old, I don't have any materials, layers, objects... Nothing. I CAN open the inspector and only that. I have tried resetting to defaults in the preferences and have opened and closed FormZ a few times, have tried a new preferences file, all to no avail. My palettes menu doesn't alter anything, but there is now a blank space on the right. I don't think that this is file related, as it happens to all of them since this morning. I cannot start or continue anything like this. For the last few weeks, I had to keep turning on and off the reference plane parameters palette to get it to display, but all else was OK until today. Please advise. Thanks, Peter Gouws
  22. Earlier
  23. Now is definitely the time to put up these super well done videos. Youtube itself could propel getting formZ in front of a lot more people.
  24. I have even been using the billboard trees again because AI simply re-renders them as photoreal trees!
  25. I think Youtube videos will hit better now, the audience is just so enormous.
  26. Hi, I know I always get a big nay nay response when I try to intuit the future of something. But TM and Unreal have become go to ways to use formZ models. Now, if AI isn't thrown out or laughed out of existence, which I doubt, it will become the new way to render arch models. It is already capable of this and being used well just a year later. To have an easy to use mac/win modeler right now, with the right advertising can be a new vista of customers. Most people won't be wanting to learn or pay for those AutoDesk expensive suites. The new videos will help this. It just seems like opportunity is here again. LinkedIn, Instagram, are fertile grounds for some sort of advertisements. Sorry, I go back to work. My 2 cents.
  27. Hello, You can do it currently using the LightMix render element option with Groups enabled.
  28. I would like to ask, can vray light group control be implemented in version 10?
  29. We have imported this AI file into the latest build, B137, across multiple machines. Here are the results on OSX 14.3.1 with an M1 Max chip: And here are the settings used for the import: Try using those settings if you aren't already, and make sure you're on the latest build of your OS version (14.4, 13.6, etc..).
  1. Load more activity