AutoDesSys

Stability on plugin

Des

Hi Pylon,

I was having a few issues with FormZ quitting by itself on a large file since I installed the latest plugin (well I think since then!). Say I was working on the file and left the computer for a while, I would return to see that FormZ did a runner..

Also, quitting FormZ left it trying to quit but becoming unresponsive (have to force quit it).

So I removed the maxwell plugin and now all is well (so far!)..

The file is large at 128mb with tons of materials (maxwell), let me know if sending you the file will help..

Maybe my computer is running out of memory (only 8mb)

iMac 27", OSX 10.9.5, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

regards,

Des

Yes the other (publicly released) seemed fine. I only updated a few days ago, mainly to get rid of the package for renderfarm one time per session bug.

I've only noticed it today as it's my first day spending time doing real work..

Cheers,

Des

Hi again Pylon,

I just want to give you an update. It seems that over the last couple of days (modelling mostly) without the MaxwellZ plugin, I have experienced a few unexpected restarts while using FormZ.

So, maybe the plugin is not to blame after all, although it was more often with it installed.

I'm having the feeling that I may have other issues going on, possibly hardware.

I have another thread going on in the FormZ discussion regarding exporting Shaded Full Sun animations, so I'll wait until that is resolved.

I'll keep you updated...

Regards,

Des

Archived