AutoDesSys

Hardware Error after saving image.

Hugo

It's very very frustrating to get error after error, even with my new MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz with 2 video cards inside, actually the most powerful MacBook Pro today.

With my old MacBook Pro late 2008 I was not always able to save an image with specific size, lets say 20x20cm and 300dpi. But this problem is still happen. I start to believe it's a software problem. The problem is big, because FormZ freezes the computer in a certain way, then it's nearly impossible to use force quit.

If I want to print the image and save as a PDF for instance, you see in my attachment strange things, for example the dimension with a lot of numbers behind the comma. It should be 13500,0, but it's not. And the screen looks scratched too.

I get desperate because I bought this Mac to work abroad in the UK. Now I am not able to deliver my clients just simple images.

Hi Hugo,

It looks like you are having an issue with your video card and / or its driver.  What card do you have and what is the date of its driver?

If you reboot the computer and try to print or export the file again, does that work properly for you?

If not, can you please send the file so we can test with this here?

Also, OpenGL memory for video cards is often processed in powers of 2.  Your 20cm image at 300dpi is 2363 pixels, which is just over 2048 (which is a power of 2).  If you try to use 2048 pixels, does that work for you?  (Using your resolution will use twice the memory horizontally AND vertically, and thus that resolution will require 4 times more video memory.)

I used 2048x2048, the same problem, I used 20x20cm with 200dpi, the same problem, I restarted my computer and held down the D key while restarting to diagnose the hardware. I got only as a result a list of languages, but no list with errors.

I switched of my computer, started and did the same, still the problem.

ADS confirmed me in mails that the issue has to do with the option Shaded Full 2x multi sampling, actually it is not a bug but it just takes very long to save the image while in Shaded Full 2x Multi Sampling mode. They will investigate this issue if they can do something about it. 

I tested this and yes it took long time to save the image, but it worked. When switching 2x Multi Sampling off, the image is saved in a second.

At the end it's good to hear that ADS is taking care of their software, instead of telling it is probably a hardware problem. I never believed it was.

ADS thank you for the support, looking forward to the next major update, because I love the software very.

Hi Hugo,

Yes, if it was crashing or giving errors, then it is a video card and / or driver issue.  The fact that it is taking a long time is partly due to the fact that the 2x sampling makes it inherently slower, but there may also be things we can do to speed this up.  We are investigating this for the future.  :)

Archived