AutoDesSys

Tool Manager and to delete palette

RunTime

Experimenting with different palettes left me with a bunch of unwanted ones. I have tried any thinkable way to remove them. But they always returns. (Open Tool Manager, ctrl-klick, Delete + [save Workspace] etc). They return like Phoenix.

Is this a known problem? And if so, is there a way around that or maybe a correct method to get them deleted?

(Also; I like all the palettes vertical, but if I create my own vertical (column) I get a name list to the right that takes up more width than the standard palettes. The result is a aesthetic mess if I try to incorporate my own with the standard set. Please let the 'bar' stay on top and blank in vertical mode, my 2¢).

Hi RunTime,

Yes, there can be an issue removing custom tool palettes that were created on some systems.  You can save these palettes as closed in your Workspace, but if you really need to get rid of them, you will need to reset your preferences.  You can do this by Quitting formZ and renaming the autodessys folder.  (Just add an X to the end of the name of the folder.)

On Windows, this is located in C:\users\[uSER]\AppData\Roaming\

(Note that [uSER] is the  name with which you log onto your computer, and if you don't see the App Data folder, you can show this by going to the Windows Explorer: Tools Menu: Folder Options: View Tab -- and choosing Show Hidden Files, and clicking OK.)

On a Mac, this is located in HOME: Library: Preferences.

(Note that HOME refers to Hard Drive: Users: your login name, and if you don't see a Library folder in this location, you can access it by going to the Finder: Go Menu, holding down the Option key -- and it will appear below HOME.)

Don't forget to quit formZ first, and when you relaunch formZ it will automatically recreate a new autodessys folder with default settings.  Then if you decide you no longer need the old autodessysX folder, you can delete that at any time.

Does this help?

Thanks also for your suggestions, we will consider these for the future.

Letting the application create a new preference folder, pointing out the preferences.zpf and import a backup of my carefully crafted workspaces.zws (with following crash*) I am back almost where I was (in form of setup), but with all the unwanted palettes.

I guess I have to live with them until the bug is fixed. It is really no big issue. Thanks.

*Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000010f718134

Archived