AutoDesSys

Picking object

RunTime

Picking with, for example, the move tool I get all the alternatives (activated in object snap), as expected.

When picking by picking tool + command I get a red point/segment(with direction)/face highlighted, nothing else.

But I when I look at the tutorial video Picking, I can see what looks like a behavior similar the previous method. What I miss is the possibility too chose, for example, a segment center (divided by two).

Is there a setting to adjust or is the video incorrect/outdated?

8.0.1 OS X

Hi Runtime,

The Pick Tool itself does not snap, and it can pick objects, points, segments, faces, etc, but it can not pick "half segments."  If you are wanting to Snap to a Midpoint, you can do this with the Interval Snap set to 2 divisions:

post-5-0-34832600-1418835699_thumb.jpg

Is that what you are looking for?

I do not want to pick half segment but I would like to snap to that pint so I can move with this point snapping... As with the move tool. It looks like that is possible in the video:

Here is my Pick tool + command and what I get: post-1645-0-29987900-1418837795_thumb.jpg

Here is the Move tool: post-1645-0-11795400-1418837796_thumb.jpg

Here is the tutorial video with Pick tool: post-1645-0-74524300-1418837796_thumb.jpg

Hi Runtime,

Ok, now we understand.  When picking lots of objects in a complex scene, the snapping could cause the operations to be slow, and when picking in dense scenes, the snapping could make it difficult to pick smaller topologies.  Thus the Snapping was removed from the Pick tool, and you can use the Transformation tools (like Move, Rotate, Transform, etc) if you need the snapping.

Looks like we need to update that video!  ;)

Archived