AutoDesSys

Adjusting Axis length

RunTime

How do I adjust the axis (XYZ indicators) length in 'default' plane to align with the grid?

This is not a annoyance in custom reference planes (where the axis syncronize by itself), but I cant figure out how to do this in the 'default' view.

v8.0.1 OSX

Hi RunTime,

Currently the size of the default Axes is controlled by the File Menu: Project Settings: Working Units: Data Scale settings.  

This gives a general control over the size of the various settings for the project, but we should add specific control settings for the axes in the future.  ;)

That would be nice. As for now, often working in a 100 mm cube, I have to choose between having the axis inside the cube (object) or in a 2000 mm cube.

Perhaps with the same behavior as in Custom plane. (Even though I believe it would be better looking if the axis always reached slightly outside the grid).

Thanks!

Yes, please do add user control of displayed axis.  This is very useful for schematic illustrations--To verify axes, both in 3d navigation and also inside a 2d image, later….  3D Connexion Navigator throws formZ views  into hyper-space when approaching one of the axes, if line of site is nearly coincident with any axis. 

Also Related:

Currently Data Scale settings in contrast with customized Numeric Accuracy can loose proper grid display….

Also:  Apparently, most users work at one scale alone, without switching scales frequently inside one project. Work arounds are possible, but less convenient, than the many other stellar features of v8..

Numeric Accuracy requires higher resolution editing, ( than default), sometimes, because v8 seems to have a hidden "grid snap", (when all user snaps  are turned off by user)-- I assumed v8 won't allow user to make subtler cursor movements than the setting displayed in Numeric Accuracy…. EG: When user zooms in much closer than Data Scale listing…. IE: If user works at the scale of a building, but wants to zoom in on a detail smaller than a watch… With all snaps off, there still appears to be a snap effect on some objects.  Very fine user movements of object or angle, etc…   BTW, v6 never had this issue.

Thanks for your consideration.  

Hi Bo,

Yes, the Numeric Accuracy setting in the Project Settings: Working Units is an inherent grid snap on purpose.  You can always set a finer value if you like, but this is very useful in making sure everything aligns properly in general.

Archived