AutoDesSys

Folder icons

setz

I remember seeing a fix for folder icons showing as FZ icons in OS10.9 in the old forum but I was unable to find it. Does someone remember the fix?

(It would be very helpful if the search link of the archived forum was resurrected)

Hi Setz,

This is a bug that Apple introduced with OS X 10.9 and later that can replace a folder icon with the icon of the files inside the folder.  The only solution we are aware of is to Get Info on the folder, and drag another folder to the "incorrect" icon that shows at the top of the Get Info window.  This is easy to do, but it has to be done on a case by case basis.

We haven't researched the issue in awhile, so it is possible that another solution has been discovered, but hopefully Apple will fix this soon.

fix is posted here:

http://www.formz.com/forum/old/messages/16/88287.html

Navigate to the actual FormZ.app in Applications. Right click, "show package contents." Navigate to Contents/Resources. Delete the formz_zxt.icns file. Copy the new formz_zxt.icns file (attached) into the Resources folder. (note I would delete the original formz_zxt.icns first - I had some weirdness just trying to overwrite it.) Reboot the machine. Hopefully all will be well. 

The uploaded file is just the generic set of folder icons, pulled from System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.Bundle (right-click, show contents)/Contents - GenericFolderIcon.icns - copied and renamed to replace formz_zxt.icns

I'm uploading a zipped version of the generic folder .zxt.icns - the attachment in the previous post didn't work all that well.

This is a bug that Apple introduced with OS X 10.9 and later that can replace a folder icon with the icon of the files inside the folder.

But that isn't exactly what is going on.... the icon that is being assigned is from the .zxt icon resource, not the .fmz one. Somehow the OS is saying "if there is a .fmz file in here, then the folder gets a .zxt icon." The "fix" works because it replaces the .zxt icon with a generic folder; meanwhile the icons for actual .fmz files are unaffected. Any .zxt files would then end up with the generic folder icon as well, but I've never seen a .zxt file.

formz_zxt.icns.zip

Archived