2 replies to this topic

#1 AC1000

AC1000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

Are other users interested in this feature? Some programs have this option, but there is still room for improvement. I think this is the only big shortage of FormZ.

In Archicad, I use the non-destructive liveboolean (or SEO=solid element operation) feature for exploring and scaling the pathways of a constructed environment and also for basic massing. But FormZ would be much faster for that kind of job. What do you think, Tech?

Here are a few links that tell you more about this.

ZBrush:

ArchiCad:

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen3.png

#2 Des

Des

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

+1

Thanks for the reminder AC1000, I had been thinking about this for a while myself.

I remember using StrataStudioPro back in the nineties on a mac which had this feature so it's not new tech.

Cool feature back then was you could animate the negative solid on a path to give truly great effects on the positive solid.

I'm guessing the current reshape tool with push/pull booleans uses a form of live booleans so would it be too difficult to implement true live booleans?

#3 AC1000

AC1000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:41 AM

In fact, Clipping Plane is true non-destructive boolean tool. It might be the starting point in this case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users