AutoDesSys

•Martin

I'm experiencing some issues with a few tools...

Offset segment tool: I always want “extend to boundary” toggled on yet it keeps toggling off. 

Move tool: randomly toggles to “self” when I want “one copy” and vice versa. Also randomly toggles between “parallel” and “perpendicular.”

Align/distribute  tool: works in certain directions only. For example, will align to “max” in x and y but not z.

These issues persists after quitting and relaunching fZ as well as after restarting the machine. The behavior is consistent between different models as well.

I will attribute the modifiers to possible be user error by inadvertantly hitting the ALT button, but I swear there are times I've never come close to hitting that button and the modifiers change. I think it's one of those little things we will have to deal with.  Or maybe erase our preferences every few weeks but thats no fun. 

If you activate the move tool, look in the tool options and hit the Alt/Option key and it will change the self/copy modifier.  If you hit the command(mac)/ctrl(win) key, it toggle between parallel/perpendicular. 

Archived