• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 •Martin

•Martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

I'm experiencing some issues with a few tools...

Offset segment tool: I always want “extend to boundary” toggled on yet it keeps toggling off. 

Move tool: randomly toggles to “self” when I want “one copy” and vice versa. Also randomly toggles between “parallel” and “perpendicular.”

Align/distribute  tool: works in certain directions only. For example, will align to “max” in x and y but not z.

These issues persists after quitting and relaunching fZ as well as after restarting the machine. The behavior is consistent between different models as well.

#2 snow

snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

I've had similar issues too.  Move/Rotate/Transform tools are randomly changing modifiers and just today I was trying to use the Distribute tool and it wasn't working properly at all.  Classic formZ  :rolleyes:

#3 •Martin

•Martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for sharing that snow, I was wondering if it was due to a setting or something on my end.

#4 snow

snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

I will attribute the modifiers to possible be user error by inadvertantly hitting the ALT button, but I swear there are times I've never come close to hitting that button and the modifiers change. I think it's one of those little things we will have to deal with.  Or maybe erase our preferences every few weeks but thats no fun. 

#5 •Martin

•Martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:06 PM

Wait, hitting "alt" could be the causing this behavior? I use that key--the "command" key, actually-- all the time to navigate. Option key, too, for other things. 

#6 snow

snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

If you activate the move tool, look in the tool options and hit the Alt/Option key and it will change the self/copy modifier.  If you hit the command(mac)/ctrl(win) key, it toggle between parallel/perpendicular. 

#7 •Martin

•Martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

Ah, I see it now, that's what's causing the offset segment tool to toggle as well. Thanks snow.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: offset segment, move tool, align, distribute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users