AutoDesSys

Texture mapping askew

The Q

Without seeing the model or knowing how it was created and mapped it is hard to comment.  However, I have found that OBJ imports tend to hold onto the UVW mapping better than 3DS.  (Except when they don't.)   I would assume that the figures are UVW mapped so my first order of business would be to download a program that reads and creates these types of maps and then play with the different export import options.  Keep in mind that scaling or modifying the model in Form.z will usually destroy the original mapping.

Post a model and lets see what the forum can do with it.

For what its worth I have long wished that someone would write a script to allow UVW mapping from within the program.  Not a high priority of mine but I know that many people would love it.  For now I still go back to Max and Z-Brush for mapping UVW into Form.z.

• 4 weeks later...

As Andrew indicted its hard to tell much with out more information for reference. Does the problem only occur in V-Ray for formZ or does it also happen in shaded modes (and RenderZone if you have it). Can you send the file to support@formz.com so we can investigate? Please send an image of how you expect it to render if possible

Archived