AutoDesSys

Is there a mirror on Axis mode that maintains symmetry while working?

2urn

Hello,

New user here adjusting to the interface.

I am trying to build objects that are symmetrical across a particular axis like a car, spaceship, or human figure etc.

I know the mirror tools can do this on command. But since this is a common workflow in most 3d programs (Modo user here)—is there a mode that maintains symmetry on a particular axis while working?

Much appreciated,

Dimtiry

Thank you. I have to say the lack of such a rather basic ability is almost shocking considering how old formZ is—perhaps a trailing legacy of heavily modal interface pre version 7?

I really had convinced myself I was just overlooking it in the interface. Oh well... 

Please consider it strongly!

In version 6.x.x one could mirror an object with "make clone" checked in the copy dialog. So for example, if you had half a car mesh and mirror cloned it, any changes you made to the original would update automatically on the mirrored copy.

I know it's not exactly the same, but is very useful if you still have a copy of version 6.

I really miss the clones in version 6, any chance that function could be reinstated at some stage support?

I know components could be used as well for bastardised mirror editing, but seems a very cumbersome way to do it (not live)..

Des

Archived