AutoDesSys

8.6.02 is a disaster please sort it out

bbuxton

Interface bugs

pallet and tool settings that don't work

Import file formats missing - no stp import wtf!

export formats that just go through the motions without actually saving anything, notably stp and dwf formats

crap component system

push-pull tools eventually degenerate solids to poorly formed entities, even for quite simplistic edits

Really I am getting quite fed up with this

Nerves are less frayed but I cannot edit my post.

These issues and more still stand, but I should point out that I have been using formZ for a long time and for most of this time been very happy and historically my posts have been very positive.

Most of these are on the old forum going back to version 3.9 and possibly even 1.75 when I was still at art school and first encountered formZ and used it with Electric Image.

I am using build 10027 which is supposed to be better than 10025..........

however I have encountered an issue that is ongoing with even an empty project.

Whenever I tray to pull the "objects" pallet from the pallet dock onto the workspace, the "object pallet" becomes sort of transparent and freezes.

The program itself does not lock up, but in order to restore the  "object pallet" to functionality I have to restart the app.

This is repeatable 100% of the time even with a completely empty modeling window.

This was for sure not happening with 8.5.7 

post-209-0-02629900-1520264824_thumb.png

I am using 10027 with MacOs10.13.3, but there are some serious bugs in it.

- using cmd+E to create views. It's not possible to go back to your normal modelling window again: crash

- palettes become ghosted, not selectable anymore.

I understand Bbuxton's feeling very very well... 

FZnoob & Hugo, et al.

The issue with the dragging of palettes has been fixed in 8.6.0.3. You can get the latest installers here; http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_86_Update.html. In the rush to fix some issues that were affecting the Maxwell plugin, we inadvertently pickup a new macOS SDK from Apple that had some very unexpected side effects (incline the above described pallet issue).

Sorry it took a while to track down the source of the disturbance (as it was quite unexpected). We apologize for the inconvenience.

Is this a mac only update? I have tried both the AO and the full installer both are 8.6.02 build 10027

At no point do the installers inform the user what version is being installed, the version / build number is not mentioned on the download page.

This is something that has been requested time and time again. Please, at least put the build number in the file name better yet in the description and within the installer itself.

The actual installer just states version 8, which is not even the current paid version.

bbuxton,

We just triple checked the Windows installer in the above link and the full download install links as well and they all install 8.6.0.3 #10053. We also checked that the previous 8.6 installers are no longer present on the web server so its really impossible to install the old versions. Please be sure that you are not re-running an installer that you previously downloaded to your machine.

We are investigating the possibility that Windows is getting confused about the the "installer ownership" of the application when switching between the full installer and the App only installer.  What you in fact may be experiencing is that the installer is just not updating the app (ie not reinstalling the old version). Try to delete the /program files/formZ 8/formZ 86 pro 64/ folder and re-install.

The AWS service used for distribution has proven very fast and reliable. If you are positive you are getting the wrong version installed, please contact us at support@formz.com so we can investigate this issue with AWS carefully. 

This version (8.6.0.3 #10053) is available for all platforms. The fix mentioned above was specific to OS X and was highlighted as it was discussed on this thread.

For various technical reasons the minor revision and build numbers can not be shown in the installer at the moment. We agree that it would be useful if the download webpages contain this information. We will add it soon.

Thank you. I will try removing the application and trying a clean install.

That seems to have done the trick. 

I know VRay integration was important but your input here on the forums is by far FormZ's most valuable feature. Thanks again.

Archived