32 replies to this topic

#21 mensch.mueller

mensch.mueller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:14 PM

Hi,

latest Update for OSX from link above is 243 byte and not mountable as dmg! 

Update for Windows seemed to be fine with over 150mb!

#22 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:05 AM

Please try again. Sorry we "jumped the gun" and posted before the link was ready. Its working now.

#23 pkcn

pkcn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

Thks FZ; we appreciate your quick responsiveness!

#24 Martin Malinski

Martin Malinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:39 PM

Hi,

D/l the windows update from the update page (Install_formZ_86_Pro_64_AO.exe) ....Updated without issue....Checked the start application box and closed update window ....FormZ started fine....but info window states Pro v 8.6.0.2 (Build 10027)

If I try the instal update again it goes into the Program Maintenance window...Modify, repair, or remove.

Strange; that's the version I already had installed.

Has it updated and the 'about box' is wrong?

Martin

Edited by Martin Malinski, 20 March 2018 - 01:54 PM.

#25 FZnoob

FZnoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

I updated today for MAC and the splash window states "v 8.6.0.3 (Build 10053)

#26 Martin Malinski

Martin Malinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

Windows app only install?

k, tried several times to update with app only install; including d/ling again, and repair install..... It does NOT update my v 8.6.0.2 to latest v 8.6.0.3!

Downloaded Full install and updated .... Update worked.

The digital signature on 'Install_formZ_86_Pro_64_AO.exe' is dated yesterday (19th) but I can only assume it's the wrong installer?

Martin

Edited by Martin Malinski, 20 March 2018 - 03:08 PM.

• graham_g likes this

#27 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

Martin,

We are investigating the possibility that Windows is getting confused about the the "installer ownership" of the application when switching between the full installer and the App only installer.  Try to delete the /program files/formZ 8/formZ 86 pro 64/ folder and re-install.

• Martin Malinski likes this

#28 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

Martin,

We are investigating the possibility that Windows is getting confused about the the "installer ownership" of the application when switching between the full installer and the App only installer.  Try to delete the /program files/formZ 8/formZ 86 pro 64/ folder and re-install.

#29 Martin Malinski

Martin Malinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

Yes, I gave up on the app only update; re-named my formz 8 folder with suffix old. D/l'd full install and installed.... it worked. (8.6.0.3)

The only addition in my original formz 8 folder was the plug-ins folder with an expired vray trial inside..... But, on my final attempt to install with the app only I removed the plugins with vray folder. Still didn't update (even tho' it completed the process of an update....)

I did check (with my limited knowledge) what files had been updated by the app only install, in the 8.6 pro folder. I could find only one item had been updated. support>launch.exe     ...All other items were still dated in the file listing as mid Feb... Which was my previous update.

Martin.

Edited by Martin Malinski, 21 March 2018 - 09:19 AM.

• FZnoob likes this

#30 AHDD Designer

AHDD Designer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationZurich / Switzerland

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:44 AM

Hello Tech

Hello Support

Hello Formz

That a new «general update» comes out at the end of this month (as mentioned just above) is finally good news.

I beg you urgent to finally get started now and tiden up the so confused situation:

1) Mini-Updates, which are not precisely defined on your download site – and still have a big impact.
2) A user interface, whose faultiness is nothing to compare on the market.
And last but not least 3) A communication policy, that really tugs at the patience of many of us users.

Please, please: Finally clear up, there on the 3518 Riverside Drive..!

Best greetings from Switzerland, old Europe – Cheers!

• Des, vva and Hugo like this

#31 Andrew West

Andrew West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationBend Oregon

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Updated Form.z and V-ray plugins to version 10069 today hoping that it would improve performance.  I am now completely dead in the water.  I desperately need to Slice a flat planar surface that is sloping at 45 degrees (roof plane) to create a hip roof.  The program crashes every single time.  No word yet from Tech on a solution or updated release.  If I were you guys I would Stay Away from this release for now.  Now for my request: does anyone out there know how to go back to version 10053 or have another solution to my issue?  I have tried the Trim tool and it crashes every time too.  I have extruded the surface and tried to trim it as well.   For what its worth the Trim tool has been broken for way too long and has been very finicky. 

Thanks

Andrew

#32 jsiggia

jsiggia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:50 PM

Andrew,

Without seeing your roof, can you construct a symmetrical version of your roof, then use the extend tool to match another surface you know is correct. This is a long shot but I use the extend tool extensively.  :) 

Hope this helps,

Joe 

Joe Siggia

Looking for users in the central Virginia area.

Late 2014 iMac Retina.

Look up from your phone.

#33 AHDD Designer

AHDD Designer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationZurich / Switzerland

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

Hello Tech

Hello Support

Hello Formz

That a new «general update» comes out at the end of this month (as mentioned just above) is finally good news.

I beg you urgent to finally get started now and tiden up the so confused situation:

1) Mini-Updates, which are not precisely defined on your download site – and still have a big impact.
2) A user interface, whose faultiness is nothing to compare on the market.
And last but not least 3) A communication policy, that really tugs at the patience of many of us users.

Please, please: Finally clear up, there on the 3518 Riverside Drive..!

Best greetings from Switzerland, old Europe – Cheers!

Really strange: The post from earlier 23. Mar 2018 with the announced «Genaral Update» seems to have been removed ...?!

Edited by AHDD Designer, 18 April 2018 - 08:17 AM.

• Jaakko and snow like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users