AutoDesSys

My wish list for V9

jsiggia

It's been a while since I've seen anything on this so I thought I'd toss this in.

The first two are pretty much self explanatory and found in many other 3D programs.

Some you may have seen from me before.

Your thoughts are always welcome & thanks for reading.

Joe

UV unwrapping

Symmetry tool

Object Name Visibility in Object Palette

If a layer is hidden, then we should have the option for the objects on that layer to also be hidden in the object palette. The object palette could be greatly reduced in a flash, having only the objects of "visible" layers. A ghosted layer would have its objects names greyed out.

Subdivision Edit Slider

Could the slider start with 0 in the center, so we can move in the negative direction. This would help smooth corner points where edges meet.

Saving out layers to separate files

Would it be possible to add this option to the Save as menu item? Right click contextual menu?

The files would save with the same name as the layer in the same folder with the master file.

This would help with breaking up larger projects among individuals. (among other obvious benefits)

Layers in groups would be individual layers in the new file.

Drop down menu for operand destination layer

(which, like any other, can be hidden, visible or ghosted). This should be on the uppermost level of the program with its current selection always visible (perhaps as part of the “Input Palette”) The menu could have a "delete", and "ghost on current layer". 

Template file Manager

When a new project is opened from a template file, I think the name should be something other than untitled. Perhaps call it "template: file name". Something to indicate what is being loaded without digging into the preferences. Perhaps a file menu item "Open Template File..." An option in the save dialog to "Save as Template File" would be a nice addition.

Change the length of the axis.

Changing the size of the grid has no effect on these. In addition, a small set of axis

in the corner of the modeling window would be a great help.

Snap option check box

This was dropped moving to V7, could it return please.

Simple checkbox to match the snap interval with the grid.

1. Yes Please!

2. Yes Please!

3.  Ooooh!  Ahhhh!

4.  Could you give an explanation?

5.  Absolutely!  Could be done with a script, fairly easy, assuming that functionality ever comes back.

6. Yea, would clean up some time consumption artifacts. would have to deliberately attempt to use, it as I have so habituated myself around not having something like this.

7. Been wanting to do this as a script myself.  I think I have asked for it in the past as well.  If not, Brilliant!

8. Don't run into a problem here, but then again most of my work is relatively small. no larger than a small building.

9. Please!  Please! Please!

10.  SCRIPTING!

• 1 month later...

Can we please replace the "auto pick" option (something I never use, but always seem to be active) with the "group" level that we had prior the V7? Life was splendid when this was the norm. Been a thorn in my side since.

Thanks for reading,

Joe

Archived