A fairly long time user of FormZ here. I have FormZ 8 pro, which is your latest version. I still however am plagued with bugs on a daily basis. I just want to get my head around why this is? I've never experienced this kind of issue with other packages I use such as Cinema4D and the Adobe suite. Why is it the case with FormZ? Its so frustrating as with all the bugs its ones of my favourite packages and i'll keep using it for its great flexibility and ease of use, nothing compares. But the bugs!!!!
1. Importing an object deletes any object currently selected in the scene. Why? Why would this even be useful in any circumstance?
2. Very often, when i delete an imported object the vector lines remain in line view, which comes up in any print or viewport even though it is deleted! and it doesnt go if you save, close and open again! its still there, I have to copy everything over to a new file! Happens daily.
3. Having to change my project settings every time I start a new project. Why cant it remember I like to work in mm? Why would I need to change metric systems regularly?
4. Clicking on a FormZ Pro file and FormZ layout tries to open it. I've tried setting pro as the default application but it doesn't stop this.
5. Changing the .pdf print/save size in FormZ Layout doesn't change the print size! You have to do it like 3 time before it eventually actually print/saves the correct pdf size (even though in the small viewport showing preiew it shows it should print correctly).
6. In layout, when printing/saving your layout drawings as .pdf, in the printed/saved document - some of the dimensions are not in line with the arrows and numbers! Its often slightly off line. Why?
Its like a love/hate relationship. I wish it worked better in many ways, but it does something amazingly well. I just wish these little bugs could be ironed out so it can be the amazing software it is so close to being!!