AutoDesSys

V-Ray is here!

AsOne

Ooh, I'm now caught in a quandary.

I love Maxwell and I bought Vray to try out, but I'm stuck in a few jobs without the time to get stuck in!

It really is great that there's a real choice now in proper render engines..

:huh:  :)

My VRAY license server stopped working today and I have had no info from FormZ or VRay people about download or install process.

I pre purchased and got a receipt but no contact since that.

...so nothing happening for me now till someone sends me some info...

Nano, 

All pre-purchase orders were fulfilled on Tuesday. Please check for an email from sales@chaosgroup.com with the activation and download instructions for your license. If you can not find this email, please contact sales@formz.com and our sales team can track it down for you. 

Hello,
I were happy to install FZ + Vray...but
We followed the three steps proces and everything seems to be fine.
When we open FZ help, the version is registered.
We started with a simple volume and launched a rendering (either interactive or production) and received the warning message (see attached): ​"could not obtain a vray license"

​When we go the license server, everything seems ok (license is engaged).

So, we need help!

By the way, we tried to install the maxwell pluggin to have the both worlds, but the display freezed... so, we removed the MXW pluggin; maybe a compatibilty problem with FZ 8.6? Could we go back to FZ 8.5.6?

Thanks for prompt reply

^ I am experiencing exactly the same issue.  I've posted the below in another thread:

Great to see the releases today. 

I've followed the install to the letter but within FormZ I am getting the following warning 'Could not obtain VRay license'.  I've logged into the Chaos Group License server and I can see that our two licenses are checked but not engaged.  

If I check the notifications section I have two entries, 1) vrlservice stopped and 2) dongle subsystem unavailable (connect ECONNREFUSED)

Can anyone help out? I have tried restarting and also uninstalling and reinstalling the V-Ray license server too.

Thanks

I had same "Could not obtain VRay license" error. What I did was

1. I uninstalled both V-Ray and License Server

2. downloaded latest "vrlservice", link from Chaosgroup email, and installed

3. installed V-Ray

After this it worked fine. I think it has something to do with earlier installs which get messed up.

Hope this helps.

I had same "Could not obtain VRay license" error. What I did was

1. I uninstalled both V-Ray and License Server

2. downloaded latest "vrlservice", link from Chaosgroup email, and installed

3. installed V-Ray

After this it worked fine. I think it has something to do with earlier installs which get messed up.

Hope this helps.

I had to uninstall also Vray for Sketchup and all vrlservice files I found in my computer.

Then I reinstalled first Vray for FormZ and then Vray for SU.

No both are running without problems.

Thanks for all!

We have uninstall all the files regarding VRay for FZ and the VRay license (using Windows desinstaller application and manually the remained VRay drawer like the previous beta files).

We have reinstalled directly from FormZ-Vray site and everything work fine.

Now, let's go to work!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived