AutoDesSys

Middle mouse button/ hand tool function

pointer

I'm having some issues with the 'hand' tool/middle mouse button.  I usually hold down the middle mouse button to pan around my drawings, I use this continuously whilst working. I have two machines, one older iMac which is around 4 years old and a late 2013 model (details below).  The hold and pan function works fine on the old Mac.

But I cannot seem to replicate the standard hold and pan function on the new Mac.  I've been though all the settings I know and have tried different mice...I'm stuck on this. 

I have tried ; restoring FormZ pref to default.

Setting up a shortcut for the tool, but this only results in turning the hand tool 'on' 

Two different mice.

Various middle mouse click options.

I'm running FormZ 7.3.4 build 8923 on OSX 10.9.5, iMac 3.5GHz i7

Any ideas?

BTW - Congratulations on the new forum!, the old one was getting rather dated and awful to trawl through after all these years.

Hi Pointer,

Glad you like the new forum!

First, check your Mouse Control Panel and verify that the Middle Button for the mouse is set to the standard Middle Click:

post-5-0-26369500-1415306447_thumb.jpg

Next, verify that you have the key shortcut set for the Hand Interactive (not the Hand Tool):

post-5-0-10728000-1415306458_thumb.jpg

Does that then work properly?  If not, does the standard middle click work properly in other programs?

• 9 months later...

Sorry to add to this thread but it's related to my post above.

I have a new PC and a new mouse, is there a way to turn off the function of the middle mouse tilt left and tilt right to zoom in and out whilst retaining the hand interactive mode (middle mouse click).  I have been rooting around for 20mins and no luck.  On my old Mac I seem to have this function disabled and I am just trying to replicate it.

Hi Pointer,

Yes, on Windows, you need to manually install the latest drivers for best results.  Please also download the latest video driver for your card from the web site of the manufacturer of the card (or laptop) and install that for best performance and reliability.

Archived