AutoDesSys

Rebus and MXS references

Des

Hi all/Pylon,

I wonder if anyone has had a problems with rendering files with MXS references on Rebus lately?

Everytime I've uploaded a packaged project, the mxs references refuse to upload, resulting in a render error.

When I contacted them, they say

"This MXS files is not on the farm. Please move this file in an other path, rename it, re-link it in your scene and then try again. For some reason either the path is not accessible or the file damaged. maybe the file is not correct linked (you should have gotten an error while submitting - strange)."

This has only started (I think) after the 4.1.1.1 upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Des

I don't want to put you off Rebus Peter. I have been using it for a while with reliable results. It's just the last couple of jobs I've had the upload problems with the reference files.

Maybe it's my end, I just haven't had the time to try tests.

You should try out a project as a test, they give free render points to first timers. If there are problems, the farm cancels the render at no cost and sends an error log so you can fix it.

I did try a different farm "Fast Render Farm" with good results although you do have to follow a strict procedure before uploading.

Des

• 3 weeks later...

I have also had similar errors with Rebus lately. Like you, Des, the error happens in the upload of the dependencies. Rebus is unaware of what might be causing this and since I'm usually facing deadlines when I resort to a render farm, I have had to simply un-install the RebusDrop application and switch to a different render farm (Currenly I am using Ranch Computing, which doesn't seem to encounter the same issue).

I wonder if Rebus has seen any other instances of this? In my support e-mails it doesn't sound like they were willing to confirm this. It's too bad because I quite like the way Rebus has integrated itself, but if I can't get a service to behave dependably in a production environment, they may as well not exist.

Hello fellows,

I went with Rebus, and so far so good.  For someone who is not very 'tech savvy' in general, I think  they provide a good service.  A bit more expensive than  what I'd hoped, but that sent me back to the Maxwell Speed bottleneck page to tweak my model and make it faster.

Question on my workflow for Rebus renders:  I usually am doing tests using the network render Maxwell function.  I select the original MXS and put it in a folder, then go to the temp file from one of my Nodes and copy all the dependency (texture ) files there into the same folder. When i go to Rebus I select thae MXS, and I suppose Rebus finds the textures in that folder.

Does that sound right? Clearly, my results work, but I know that  there is always a better way to do thing. Thanks for any advice or comments.

Peter

Archived