AutoDesSys

formZ 6.7.3 "Hot Fix" for OS X 10.13 High Sierra

Tech

It appears that Apple dropped support for certain formats of legacy bitmap graphics in OS X 10.13 High Sierra. form•Z 6 uses this format for some of its palette graphics. To fix this you will need to replace the resource file in your current installation with a new one that contains updated graphics that are supported by OS X 10.13. 

Please follow these Steps:

• Be sure that you have form•Z 6.7.3 installed. This fix will only work for form•Z 6.7.3. If you don't have it, you can download it here:  http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_6_Upgrade_Professional.html
• Download "formZ_RenderZone_Plus.rsrc.zip" below if you have a form•Z RenderZone Plus installation or "formZ.rsrc.zip" if you have a regular form•Z installation. If necessary, extract the zip file. You should now have a file named “formZ RenderZone Plus.rsrc” or "formZ.rsrc".
• Locate your formZ 6.7.3 Application folder (Usually in Applications/formZ/)
• Right-click on the "formZ RenderZone Plus" or "formZ" application icon and select "Show Package Contents" from the menu.
• Open the "Contents" Folder.
• Open the "Resources" Folder.
• Replace resource file in the "Resources" Folder with the one that you downloaded.
• Launch form•Z 6.7.3!

formZ_RenderZone_Plus.rsrc.zip

formZ.rsrc.zip

Thanks for the fix, I saw this bug and figured it would be the end of 6.7....

Can I request one other fix? Ever since 10.10, the standard pick icon - "+" crosshair - won't change with the background color. I generally work with a dark background, which is tough when the cursor is black. It should switch to white when the background is dark.

Not sure if that is a simple resource/icon fix, or a deeper OS thing....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Does this method also work with Mac OS Mojave?

with the new six core Mac Mini, I am think of upgrade my hardware for using with 6.7, because some  of people I work with still using 6.7.  My IMac 2010 is too tired and slow for Renderzone.

thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Next Limit unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...

Can 6.7.3 run w OSX Mojave ?

I get an error saying the wibu key is not recognized when starting FZ… or the installer.

The wibu-key is recognized by OSX however (i.e in terminal).

(The wibu driver is installed, but it does not use a kext anymore)

Is there a known issue with this after high-sierra ?