3 replies to this topic

#1 AC1000

AC1000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

Creating Sphere "Ellipse" is quite demanding task for Form Z for some reason.  You have to stare spinning beach ball quite a long time to get ready object. 

#2 jsiggia

jsiggia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

No problems here, Build 9929 - Windows 7 Professional Intel® Core i7-5600U.

Joe Siggia

Looking for users in the central Virginia area.

Late 2014 iMac Retina.

Look up from your phone.

#3 snow

snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

I just tried this and there seems to be a correlation between the the object generation and the faceting scheme/display resolution.

I am getting better results when using the different Scheme options as opposed to the display resolution slider.  There is an obvious difference between 50% and 100% for me (on macOS 10.12.6, fZ 8.5.7).

Going off on a tangent here, but this is something I would really like to see simplified in formZ: 

1. Move the Display Resolution into the preferences so it affects the application as a whole, every time you open formZ.

2. Simplify the options.  Maybe something like "Low, Medium, High, Best Low Poly (for VR/AR/gaming), Advanced"  Only advanced will allow options to be changed.  

3. Remove the slider.  100 different percentages + 9 different presets is overkill.

#4 AC1000

AC1000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

Snow, thank you! Your observations are correct. I managed to create good and fast faceting scheme. Duplicated and modified Default minimal. Minimum grid lines both U and V are set to 40.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users