AutoDesSys

common tools palette

snow

does anyone use this?  

I'm asking because I don't think this palette is necessary to have open by default.  I like to keep a clean interface and I think for v9 a cleaner interface is on the horizon so I'm wondering if there are users who use this palette to click on copy/paste/open/import, etc.

These buttons are fairly common universal keyboard shortcuts or they are easily accessed from the File menu.

Good observation!

I never used this palette, always closed and absent in my custom layout.

I have an other one... It's very personal but I want to share anyway... I always work in modeling workspace, never in the others, so Workspace palettes also is always closed.

Marcelo

I forgot about the Workspace palette because mine is always closed too.  Good Call!  

Honestly I find the Workspace palette to be unnecessary.  The end user gains (almost) nothing by having access to these icons in the default UI as opposed to just selecting them from the Workspace menu.

I always work in modeling workspace, never in the others, so Workspace palettes also is always closed.

+ 3

Workspaces palette is such a waste of space.  I build a custom Workspace with every tool I use exposed before doing anything else.  I think FormZ should have this option from default.  An ULTIMATE workspace with all the tools exposed and organized.  Get rid of the cartoonishly oversized default tool icons, and make the tool palette bigger with more tools exposed.

Good news is I hear we are getting a UI refresh in v9.  ;)

Nice!

I just took it one step further to keep my modeling window a 16:9 aspect.  Second tool column with most commonly used tools added... still filling in since switching to Windows.

I like a larger material palette at the bottom like an artist or painter would use... And I HATE having to scroll in the Palette Dock to the right, so keeping materials over there doesn't work for me at all.  This way I very rarely have to scroll in the Palette Dock, since it never seems to work right.

post-219-0-47931300-1515624070_thumb.jpg

I had to turn down the Tool Dock. And it was great decision! It was just crazy job to arrange and subpalettes and buttons on it especially they did not keep their positions. There is something strange in the palette system. The actual visual size of tool palettes is different from the reserved area of palettes.

post-13751-0-56446200-1515663559_thumb.png

I like the common theme that everyone here is using the "FormZ Classic" appearance (or at least a variation of it).

AC, I would also get rid of my Action palette/Tool Dock, but every now and then I need a quick reminder on how to properly use a seldom used tool  :lol:

Archived