AutoDesSys

Vray not loading properly

Andrew West

I am finally getting back to testing VRay again and having the hardest time getting it to install properly.  I disabled Norton virus on install.  I have downloaded the latest builds on both programs (v8.6).  I can kind of get it to work a bit but it only works while Norton is turned off.  Launching 8.6 with Norton on immediately crashes the program.  I have gone into Norton and allowed the program to access the files.  The license server seems to be installed properly but if I try to edit a material I get the same warning each time "License not installed or not configured properly".  The program is also killing my computer speed and just doing something like picking a Vray material or editing a light is painfully slow.  FYI: windows 7 on dual 10 core Xeon processors.  64 gigs of ram. 

Could someone please walk me through the installation and licensing on this.  I am obviously doing something horribly wrong.

If you can render in formZ, then the license server is working properly. The problem with the material editor is that the V-Ray for formZ plugin directory probably does not have write permissions. (Program Files\formZ 8\plugins\V-Ray for formZ\). Please change the permissions of the directory. We are working on removing this requirement, but thats necessary for now. 

Still looking for help here.  I have Vray up and running but I still can't use the material editor for Vray materials.  Every time I try I get a message saying that I don't have a license or improper configuration.  I have some time on my hands and would love to test our Vray but without the material editor I am stuck.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Archived